Manufacturing Industrial Engineer
At General Motors we strive for a culture of excellence. We act with integrity. We are driven by ingenuity and innovation. We have the courage to do and say what's difficult. Each of us takes accountability for results, drives for continued efficiencies and has the tenacity to win.
We are seeking Industrial Engineersto do hands-on work that would have the opportunity to add directly to the bottom line of our culture and our company. You would be responsible for the analyzing efficiency of manufacturing operations and changes related to personnel, material, machines and facilities. Work involves leadership ability, critical thinking and communication skills. Exercises independent determinations with mentorship from supervisors.
Additional Job Description
- Recommendschanges to layouts, labor control and/or materialcontrol
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Develop accurate methods and optimum operationlayout
- Makes operation descriptions and performs the vital calculations to complete studies and change routines or other systems of labor and materialcontrol
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Industrial Engineering
- Able to work fulltime, 40 hours perweek
- Willing to work in a plantenvironment
- Graduated between December 2021 and Spring of 2023
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization
- Demonstrates leadership in previous positions, field of study, extra-curricular activities or serviceorganizations
- Strong leadership skills, to guide project teams through planning, execution and insightphases
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, especially the ability to synthesize large amounts of data involving multiple variables into comprehensive, applicableinsights
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing timelines andgoals
- Willingness to ask questions, take initiative and be resourceful andinventive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill sophisticated subjects to a wideraudience
- Emerging partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a rapidly movingenvironment
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
- Deliver new and creative solutions to sophisticatedproblems
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.
This role offers the following Work Appropriately strategies:
- Onsite: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THEFUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.