There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about crafting safer, better, and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to redefining how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is passionate about building inclusive teams, where differences and outstanding perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open workspaces and virtual connection platforms to encourage productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
About the Internship
At GM, our culture is to have a "One Team" approach, where we collaborate cross functionally to achieve enterprise-wide results. This program will give you the opportunity to work with a diverse group of teams to accomplish our larger goals. In this role you will support and coordinate with multiple facets of the General Motors global portfolio by crafting and implementing timely business solutions. As a member of our team, you will play a key role in solving meaningful and important issues facing our company!
Finance Accounting Internship Program
You will collaborate with GM's globally diverse organizations to assemble data, perform analyses, and present your recommendations to senior GM executives at the end of your internship. In addition to your core work you will have unique networking opportunities with peers and senior finance executives and leaders which will facilitate your visibility and growth within GM. You will also participate in several key activities focused around the "Design/Build/Sell and Services" operations of the company, as well as a case competition, assembly plant tour, and overviews of key areas of finance.
Accounting rotations may include the following: Controllership, Audit, Tax. Rotations will provide candidates with the work experience necessary towards obtaining a CPA license and may include consolidating and reporting company results, analyzing transactions for appropriate accounting treatment, and serving as a strategic business partner to increase transparency, improve efficiency, shorten decision cycle times, and reinforce financial integrity and accountability.
Additional Job Description
Desired SkillsStrong Analytical Skills / Fundamental Knowledge of Corporate Finance
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's degree in one of the following areas: Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields
- Must be graduating between October 2023 and June 2024
- Able to work full time, 40 hours per week during the summer months
- Demonstrates leadership in field of study, extra-curricular activities, or service organizations
- Familiarity in use of common financial tools (ROI, NPV, IRR, etc.)
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, Income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, capital structure analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles or sophisticated accounting principles for Accounting roles
- Sophisticated Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to work with people within and outside the group, including cross-functional partners
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision-making
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause and understands the drivers
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity and ability to initiative/self-directed
- Evidence of strong character with honesty, accountability, and trust
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with teams and cross-functional groups
- Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage, Innovative Thinking
- Currently pursuing or interested in pursuing a CPA is preferred
This role offers the following work appropriately strategies:
GM will provide a one-time lump sum taxable stipend payment to each student selected for the 2023 Student Program.PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee's role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis
The median level of the monthly salary compensation for this role is $4,250 dependent upon class status and degree. Benefit options are not available for this role.About GM
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.