Performs routine and preventative maintenance (PM) on all facility and production equipment on second shift working Monday through Friday 3-11:30pm.
- Install new equipment and perform preventative on all facility and production equipment. This includes but is not limited to mechanical, electrical and HVAC type activities. Typical types of production equipment include filling, packaging, washing and sterilization equipment. Facility equipment includes air handlers, boilers, compressors, pumps, chillers, water treatment systems and general building maintenance.
- Perform routine maintenance on production and facility equipment and components.
- Document and record all operating and maintenance data; May write purchase requisitions as instructed.
- Assist with IQ, OQ and PQs.
- Demonstrate, repetitively, the ability to perform soft soldering and solvent plastic welding in pressure applications, providing structurally adequate and neat work without defects.
- Understand and independently monitor, control and communicate the condition of all facility alarm systems to internal and external authorized personnel.
- Compliance with all OSHA and Akorn safety requirements
Company Overview Who we are?
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- General knowledge or educational training of mechanical, electrical or electronic equipment.
- 1+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patients' lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website at www.Akorn.com . Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.