Job ID: 282762
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Responsible for overall maintenance and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Head Mechanic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, adjust, and repair production equipment and special purpose machines as assigned
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools to repair, grease, weld, cut, change parts, and complete tasks as assigned
- Weld and use cutting torch as required
- Perform general repairs to plant structures
- Keep work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs, and discuss with maintenance manager for approval and repair as needed
- Replace faulty parts, electrical wires, motors, controls, and circuit boards
- Install equipment and electrical components and test to ensure proper functioning
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble
- Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools
- Replace and install parts as needed
- Lubricate and clean parts and equipment to ensure proper operation
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements/ Education/ Experience
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent in training, education, or experience
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Mechanical aptitude and ability are essential
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Knowledge of hydraulics, mechanics, electricity, carpentry, or related field preferred
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Lift tools, machinery parts, and other objects weighing up to 80 pounds each
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping, and reaching
- Standing for an extended period of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust, and dirt
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 12, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Lakeland Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Maintenance, Technician, Electrical, Carpenter, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.