Advanced Environmental Monitoring (AEM)
Account Manager (US State & Local Government)
AEM is combining global leaders to provide reliable and innovative environmental monitoring and analysis solutions. Our family of innovators offer world-class technologies and services, including sensors, dataloggers, telemetry, and software that provide advanced analytics and prediction. These technologies enable decision makers to improve their reaction time to weather and environmental events, helping to protect communities, people, and infrastructure.
The Account Manager on the US State & Local Government team will be responsible for small to mid-tier deals in the assigned territory including new and existing clients and inbound lead follow-up. This position will own and be accountable for the sales management process. This entails prospecting, lead generation and qualification, identifying opportunities, to RFP responses, and to contract closing. The Account Manager will work in coordination with Outside Sales, SDR and Sales Engineering resources will build and manage a pipeline and funnel of business for the territory.
A successful candidate is a highly organized, self-starting team player, who listens and asks questions in a consultative sales approach to understand the agency’s requirements and help map AEM solutions to address those needs. The ideal candidate will be able to conduct virtual and telephonic meetings in a fast-paced environment and deliver results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proactively seek new client acquisition opportunities
- Upsell existing client base with product extension and higher value services
- Respond to inquiries from prospects to define needs and recommend solutions
- Research accounts and identify all stakeholders for account and call planning purposes
- Maps, understands and navigates a prospects’ informal and formal decision criteria, budget process, and decision makers
- Seek referrals from existing clients to upsell other clients
- Meet and exceed sales goals
- Coordinate with Outside Sales, SDR, Sales Engineering and Field Service resources to be responsive to clients
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts and reports to management
- Manage sales pipeline using Salesforce.com and Outreach
- Research the state and local government bid sites for potential solicitations
- Prepare detailed presentations and proposals
- Be well informed and communicative about current industry trends
- Able to juggle priorities and be responsive to clients and management alike
Credentials and Experience:
- Understanding of CRM systems, specifically SalesForce
- Strong bias for action and self-motivation; results driven with meticulous attention to detail
- High aptitude for the industry, products, software, services, and markets
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including attention to detail when communicating
- Demonstrated experience conducting presentations
- Ability to solve problems, negotiate positively, generate referral business, and persuade others
- Ability to travel periodically in the territory
- Bachelor’s degree, or a relevant combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years recent, related experience successfully selling technology or environmental products and services
- Must have a valid driver's license, plus good driving record
- Available to travel if required
- You must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
AEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job has expired.