The Account Manager will promote, sell, increase and preserve GFL Environmental, Inc. solid waste services to businesses and industrial establishments in assigned territory by identifying new market areas, maintaining current customers and developing strategies to outweigh competition. This individual will prepare sales contracts with knowledge of pricing, costs and equipment with input from the Facility/General Manager.
• Aggressively solicit orders from current and prospective customers to maintain and increase customer base.
• Maintain good customer relations by traveling throughout assigned territory to meet with existing and prospective customers to assess and manage customer needs.
• Compile and manage lists of prospective customers in the ACT database for use in sales leads through cold-calling and other techniques.
• Penetrate new and existing market areas to maintain and increase sales and market share for assigned territories.
• Develop working knowledge of branch/regional profit and loss components and dynamics including pricing service, calculating desired margins and cost of service.
• Develop and maintain working knowledge of solid waste product and equipment pricing, costs and application to include roll-off presentation, commercial placement, front-end upgrade and full-line applications.
• Provide price quotes and credit terms to potential customers and prepare sales contracts. Consult Sales Manager or Facility /General Manager prior to deviating from book rates.
• Develop and exhibit proficiency in commercial placement, customer needs analysis, customer upgrades and customer retention and in identifying major industrial needs in the areas of compaction application including pricing, mechanical aptitude and service capabilities.
• Demonstrate proficiency in preparation and organization of sales presentations to major accounts by effectively displaying and demonstrating products and services and emphasizing marketable features.
• Maintain awareness of the activities of all competitors.
• Assist with the identification and implementation of price increases for substandard accounts.
• Perform waste stream analysis to include estimation of volumes and recognition of waste streams requiring special handling or which can be recycled or diverted.
• Participate in business related meetings, conferences, social functions and civic organizations to boost the overall exposure of the Company.
• Court, cultivate, secure and act as liaison between large customers, municipal and governmental sector business including bid invitations and preliminary bid preparation.
• Assist in identifying acquisition candidates and participate in the acquisition of and merging with targeted businesses.
• Conform in all respects with applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws, regulations, ordinances and other orders and to all company policies, procedures and directives from supervisors.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge or experience in solid waste industry desired.
• Two (2) to three (3) years of sales experience with thorough knowledge of sales techniques.
• Possess a valid driver's license.
• Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical journals or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to create, design and implement solutions to general and customer specific problems.
• Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Ability to self-direct various assigned initiatives and to work under limited supervision.
• Ability to stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and climb.
• Visual Requirements: include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Possess ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds.
• Work involves extended periods of driving resulting in exposure to high vehicle traffic and extended periods of sitting.
• Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions of heat, cold and humidity.
• Noise level is usually moderate but can become loud.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences. GFL will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago