Marsh & McLennan Agency - Northeast Region (NJ, NY, CT)
At Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA), we approach insurance in a different way...and that means a more interesting, exciting, relevant career for you. When you work at MMA, you will find real opportunities to make people and businesses safer, more secure, and more successful. That is why working at MMA is a career that matters.
Account Manager, Employee Health & Benefits
What can you expect?
An Account Manager within our Employee Health & Benefits group is an employee benefits subject matter expert and business partner to clients normally generating $25,000 or more in annual revenue. You will be a member of the account management team and collaborate with the sales team, carriers and the clients to establish and renew benefit plans designed to meet the client's needs. This job is approximately 70% internal and 30% client facing, including frequent client discussions, participation in strategy meetings and making presentations to decision makers and employees.
In addition, this role includes coordination and active participation in the advancement of Wellness drivers for assigned clients as well as other clients as requested.
What is in it for you?
We will count on you to:
- Join a community of professionals with a passion for collaboration and providing a high quality client experience.
- Professional development opportunities include on-the-job training, mentorship, coaching, established career paths and tuition assistance
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits include, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Employee Assistance programs and Student Debt Repayment Assistance.
What you need to have:
- Build and maintain strong relationship with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of plan designs from varied carriers in the marketplace
- Manage accounts through the calendar year life cycle
- Assist clients with federal and state law compliance and interpreting contractual language
- Coordinate and complete the marketing process for new and renewal group business, including compiling census data, benefit plans, soliciting quotes, monitoring requests, corresponding with carriers, and preparing renewal proposals and presentations.
- Prepare employee communications as well as organize and conduct enrollment meetings;
- Follow up on re-enrollment forms and review contracts and summary plan descriptions;
- Initiate, coordinate and actively handle client wellness programs
- Meet via conference calls or in person with the carriers and the client to stay on track and cover all aspects of implementation
What makes you stand out?
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential
- Ability to conduct presentations and speak to diverse groups
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional time management and organization skills
Why choose Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA)?
- 3-5 years of experience in the Employee Benefits Insurance Industry or, alternatively, experience in Benefits Administration or Benefits Consulting
- Experience with Health Management and Wellness Plans
- Active Life & Health license or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Strong aptitude in math
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) provides colleagues the freedom to have a rewarding career and also make a difference. We encourage you to explore your curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States and Canada. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across its entire sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our excellent services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
This job has expired.