Responsible for the preparation of monthly Statutory and GAAP financial statements , regulatory filings, tax returns, special reports and analysis for multiple entities in multiple states. Prepares complex journal entries. Reconciles complex general ledger accounts by comparing balances to supporting detail, analyzing differences and proposing correcting entries when necessary. Routinely coordinates and communicates with Executives of the Company, staff at the Parent, state regulators, and third party business partners. This position also supports budget and forecast development, variance analysis, taxation issues, reinsurance calculations, banking and cash management, and monitors cash flow and liquidity.
- Prepares consolidated financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and statutory accounting principles (SAP).
- Responsible for the consolidation and elimination process for all entities within the Enterprise.
- Prepares quarterly and annual regulatory statements and filings in all states for all entities.
- Prepares tax and assessment work papers and returns while providing other taxation support for all entities at the federal level and in all 50 states.
- Prepares complex month end journal entries, analyze account activity, reconcile general ledger accounts, and propose correcting entries when necessary.
- Prepares investment work papers and corresponding journal entries and regulatory support for all entities.
- Reviews standard daily and month end journal entries.
- Performs financial analysis and prepares special reports upon request.
- Prepares reinsurance calculations and reports for inter company pooling agreements and reinsurer submission for all entities.
- Participates in both external and internal audits of financial, tax and regulatory financial reports and filings providing detail schedules and support as requested.
- Routinely coordinate and communicate with Executives of the Company, accounting and other staff at the Parent, various state regulators, and third party business partners.
- Supports system installations, conversions and upgrades, including report design, development and testing.
- Maintains confidentiality of information processed.
- Works with minimum supervision.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of, and the ability to accurately apply, statutory and generally accepted accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to prepare and interpret financial reports and statements.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, database and other desktop software.
- Knowledge of financial systems, process flows and internal controls.
- Knowledge of multi-entity accounting and reporting Ability to establish work flows
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to prioritize work and forecast resources necessary to meet business objectives.
- Ability to perform intermediate mathematical computations.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
- Ability to enter alpha/numeric data accurately.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to identify addresses or makes recommendations regarding problems or improvement opportunities.
- Ability to make competent, independent decisions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required. EXPERIENCE:
Three years relevant accounting experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Insurance industry experience also preferred. Experience with multi entity accounting is also preferred. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel may be required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.