Actuary Assistant, Associate, or Actuarial Analyst Associate or SrThe position can be remote in our four Cambia states - WA, OR, ID or UT
At Cambia, our members need us more than ever, and to continue serving them, we need to be vaccinated. Following federal mandate, all Cambia Health Solutions employees, including 100% remote workers, need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 1/1/22.
The position can be on exam track (Actuary Assistant or Associate) or non-exam track (Actuarial Analyst Associate or Sr).
The Cambia Actuarial Division is responsible for proactively managing and retrospectively tracking and reporting on the financial and risk positions within the company, and supporting the strategic goals of the corporation. Within that context, this position performs technical, analytical, and support functions to help the division and the company meet its goals.
- Provides actuarial support to any or all divisions of the organization.
- Completes all levels of technical peer review and provides recommendations for reasonableness peer review.
- Develops work plans for sustainment projects.
- Effectively responds to non-routine customer questions.
- Effectively responds to routine regulator questions.
- Recommends changes to sustainment models, assumptions and/or methodology.
- Volunteers for department leadership opportunities.
- Trains junior team members on sustainment projects.
- Actively participates in the division's peer review processes.
- May assist, train, and learn from other team members.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries in good standing.
- Associate in the Society of Actuaries in good standing.
- Proven ability to perform and manage difficult actuarial tasks.
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success with project management.
- Very well developed business sense (finance, accounting, economics, risk management).
- In-depth working knowledge of how an insurance company functions.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Access and SAS.)
- Demonstrated competency in performing all Actuary Assistant II duties.
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and issues with large financial and/or risk impact to the corporation.
- Desire to obtain Fellowship in the Society of Actuaries preferred.
Actuary Assistant would have a Bachelor's degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or an equivalent related field
and a minimum 3 years experience or
equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
Actuary Associate would have a Bachelor's degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or an equivalent related field. Minimum 4 years experience and have completed at least 1 FSA exam and/or set of modules, or Career ASA, MAAA with a minimum of 6 years experience.
Actuarial Analyst Associate would have a Bachelor's degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or an equivalent related field and minimum 4 years experience or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience and progress toward advanced degree (MS, MBA) or professional certification (CEBS, software proficiency).
Actuarial Analyst Sr would have a Bachelor's degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, economics, computer science or an equivalent related field and a minimum 6 years experience in an insurance company, health plan or related organization. Advanced degree (MS, MBA) or professional certification (CEBS, software proficiency) preferred or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience.
This position includes 401(k), healthcare, paid time off, paid holidays, and more. For more information, please visit www.cambiahealth.com/careers/total-rewards
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com