PED-INFECTIOUS DISEASES (IN-PINF-IUINA)
For more than 90 years, the Department of Pediatrics at Indiana University School of Medicine has provided comprehensive medical training for medical students, residents and fellows in addition to lifelong learning opportunities for practicing physicians. The department consists of 19 specialty divisions based at Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health, which is ranked as one of America's Best Children's Hospitals in 10 out of 10 specialties in US News and World Report .
The Ryan White Center for Pediatric Infectious Diseases and Global Health in the Department of Pediatrics at the Indiana University School of Medicine is a national leader in global pediatric infectious disease clinical care, research, and education. With 24+ clinical and research faculty and a dedicated team of clinical and research staff, the division's focus on global child health reflects the understanding that infectious diseases know no boundaries. We take seriously our mission to improve child health in Indiana and around the world!
This position will provide comprehensive and professional administrative support for the Division Chief, Associate Division Chief, Medical Director(s) and other divisional leaders within the Ryan White Center for Pediatric Infectious Diseases & Global Health. The ideal candidate will be someone who is a lifelong learner, willing to take ownership, engages in continuous process improvement, and is energized by the prospect of challenging but incredibly meaningful work!
- Manages calendars/schedules for divisional leaders, owning division-wide correspondence and communications to be sent out under physician signature (ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of the communication).
- Spearheads itineraries for invited guests/speakers/recruits/etc., maintaining ownership of agendas for regular and ongoing divisional and departmental meetings.
- Coordinates special projects and/or ongoing assignments unique to the division.
- Assists with necessary purchasing and operational functions (including overseeing travel management and reimbursement processing for physician leaders).
- Supports facilitation of physician credentialing and privileging for appointment and reappointment, etc.
- Provides assistance, guidance, and instruction to other administrative support team members and backup support for all faculty, fellows, and staff in the division.
- Provides administrative support to executives, exercising confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Utilizes business software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, etc.
- Receives, screens, and directs incoming calls, visitors, mail, and email promptly, courteously, and accurately
- Manages executive's calendar, meetings, travel, correspondence, and budget.
- Acts as informal resource for colleagues with less experience; responds to more complex or escalated inquiries
- Identifies, enhances, and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of the business to which the support is being provided.
- May perform other duties related to maintaining an internal website and/or working with social media.
- High school diploma or GED
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- 4 years of relevant experience
Working Conditions / Demands
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Effective conflict management skills
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Indianapolis, IndianaAdvertised Salary
The salary range for this position is $45,000 - $50,000. Salary determination is based on experience, skill level, education, and training.Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Administrative Support
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.