Johns Hopkins Carey Business School's Office of Executive Education seeks an Administrative Coordinator that will provide complex administrative and project support to the Executive Education team and faculty. The candidate will be responsible for the coordination of a wide range of administrative and operational duties, projects, and event management. This position is hybrid.
The Office of Executive Education is fast-paced and dynamic and is a collaborative environment which requires a candidate who is professional, nimble, innovative, and with strong attention to detail. This position reports to the Director to the Executive Education and works closely with the Executive Education team and faculty. The position may require work on nights and weekends on an occasional basis.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
General Administrative Support 40%
- Provides outstanding customer service to external and internal constituents, such as Executive Education participants, staff, and faculty members and external partners.
- Represents Executive Education in professional communication with faculty, administrators, staff, and external partners through timely response to questions, troubleshooting administrative issues, and gathering data as needed.
- Requires frequent contact with staff and faculty at all levels of the organization, and both internal and external customers.
- Provides general administrative support for the unit by manning the general Executive Education inbox, answering the office telephone, and performing day-to-day administrative activities.
- Maintains an inventory of office and course supplies.
- Works with IT, Operations, and Department of Events Management to troubleshoot issues.
- Develops and recommends administrative processes/procedures to assure efficiency.
- Assists the Executive Education team with scheduling and room reservation requests.
- Creates and edits Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations for various meetings and presentations, including meeting minutes per the discretion of the supervisor.
- Makes spending recommendations based on budget information.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date files and records, and ensures confidentiality where relevant.
- Performs accurate data entry.
Executive Education Programs 40%
- Provides logistical support for Executive Education programs including room reservations and managing catering.
- Assists with logistics for custom and off-site programs.
- Effectively communicates with participants and faculty regarding Executive Education programs.
- Assists with marketing materials including giveaways and the preparation of program materials.
- Coordinates course materials with individual instructors.
- Works independently to trouble-shoot issues.
- Represents the department at seminars by providing logistical support and on-site customer service to participants and instructors.
- Creates and distributes post-event Qualtrics surveys; download and share report to relevant stakeholders.
Business Development & Lead Generation 10%
- Assists in creating proposals to potential internal and external partners.
- Assists in lead generation including warm and cold calls to potential participants and partners.
Other Duties as Assigned 10%Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to multitask.
- Attention to detail, both in communications and tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently and manage priorities.
- Ability to work at a fast pace entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service and excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and professional etiquette.
- Knowledge/proficiency of Windows applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Interest in mastering new software.
- Proactive, resourceful, and self-motivated, even in unstructured job situations.
- Ability to execute high-quality events.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Experience in higher education environment preferred.
- Familiarity with Carey Business School goals, standards, policies, and procedures preferred.
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.95-$25.30-$32.60 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/JH at Harbor East
Department name: Corporate Education
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Administrative-Coordinator-MD-21202/1004506400/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-9cb1a82a7d41a747b7e3df441903bde4
This job has expired.