This is a great opportunity to take your administrative and organizational skill to the next level. The Nebraska Department of Banking and Finance (NDBF) is seeking a talented, motivated, energetic, and detail-oriented individual to provide administrative and licensing support to the Financial Institutions division.
If you are interested in becoming part of a team that oversees depository financial institutions and that addresses available, compliant, and safe institutions such as state banks, bank holding companies, trust companies, and credit unions, then NDBF is the place for you!
Our team does meaningful work, provides effective customer service, and is passionate about protecting consumers through fair and common-sense supervision. NDBF provides an opportunity for you to make a positive difference through the licensing and supervision of depository financial institutions. Interested to learn more about us and the industries we regulate? Please look at our website! https://ndbf.nebraska.gov
Check out our benefit and fringe offerings!
• 13 paid holidays
• Vacation and sick leave that begin accruing immediately
• 156% (that's not a typo!) state-matched retirement
• Tuition reimbursement
• 79% employer paid health insurance plans
• Dental and vision insurance plans
• Employer-paid $20,000 life insurance policy
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) through the Federal government
• Wide variety and availability of career advancement as the largest and most diverse employer in the State
• Opportunity to be part of meaningful work and make a difference through public service
• Fun, inviting teammates
• A safe and secure environment
Examples of Work
• Provide administrative and licensing support to the Financial Institutions (depository) division.
• Process various applications for banks, credit unions, trust companies, and holding companies.
• Compile and distribute completed Reports of Examination to various end users.
• Create and distribute various reports to NDBF staff on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Create, manage, and maintain files in both paper and electronic mediums.
• Provide professional communication with industry personnel and the public regarding pending applications, licenses, etc. via telephone, email, and mail.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Associate degree in public or business administration, accounting, or any discipline related to the work assigned. One year of experience in administrative, business management or technical support work including collecting and interpreting statistical, financial, program, or administrative data; or interpreting laws, rules, regulations, and processes. Experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis.
PREFERRED: Progressive administrative secretarial support experience in a professional office setting offering team support of multiple functions. Financial institution experience is a PLUS. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Teams, and Outlook, DocuSign, Survey Monkey, Adobe, SharePoint, and WebEx. Experience reviewing documents for completeness and accuracy.
OTHER: The successful applicant must be able to pass extensive background checks. Regular and reliable attendance is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possess a positive attitude and strong desire to be a highly contributing member of our team.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Ability to deal effectively with personnel and officials of regulated financial institutions, technology industries, regulatory authorities, and the general public as well as NDBF teammates, supervisors, and management.
• Demonstrate dependability, strong time management and organizational skills, and a commitment to the job.
• Ability to review and proofread documents for accuracy and completeness with a focus on attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate clearly in person, by phone, email, text, or other correspondence to exchange information and ideas; summarize technical data and results of research and monitoring activities into reports; and understand and apply instructions, policies, and directives.
• Knowledge of computer applications such as word processing, file management, record keeping, and database management. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Teams, and Outlook. Also willing to become proficient in DocuSign and WebEx and work with survey tools or other software applications as assigned.
• Ability to demonstrate active listening skills, comfortable asking questions, understand instructions, manage time, set priorities, and apply critical thinking techniques. Must be able to follow a process and complete each step necessary as directed.
• Ability to respect and maintain the confidentiality required by the position.
• Ability to work independently as a self-starter looking continuously for ways to enhance efficiencies of your position. Also, a strong commitment to support the entire office as time and duties allow. This includes demonstrating an ability to adapt to change as directed for the good of the NDBF.
• Ability to bend, stoop, and lift at least 25 pounds on an occasional basis.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our