Who You'll Work With
Our delivery teams help organizations of all kinds redefine what's possible, give shape to the future-and get there. We focus on high-impact products, meeting our clients where they are to uncover business needs and deliver results. Our teams go beyond the expected to help clients move positively through ambiguity and risk and drive more transformative outcomes.
Slalom Seattle is seeking an experienced Solution Owner as part of our Agile Enablement practice. Solution Owners are direct-from-the-front technology and agile delivery experts who are deeply dedicated to a single engagement. They partner with clients to understand business needs, translating them into actionable user stories while directing a multi-functional development team to deliver valuable products on time and on budget. Our Solution Owners work across multiple disciplines and industries and can understand their clients' businesses and build credibility quickly.
What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
- Define and work within an agile project governance framework (e.g. establish team cadence, facilitate Scrum events, manage dependencies, issues and risks)
- Be the functional and subject matter authority for the solution and act as the liaison between product, technology, business and governance teams
- Partner with the Product Owner to define the product roadmap, owning the structure and content of the product backlog including user stories that effectively communicate stakeholder requirements and that are easily consumed by software development teams
- Collaborate with the engineering team, in particular the Solution Architect, to define and validate the technical approach, strategy and deliverables for the project
- Drive delivery across multiple domains, e.g. define and validate the technical approach, strategy and deliverables with engineering management; direct QE in the execution of test plans and verification of sprint feature releases; facilitate UAT and business acceptance
- Direct, facilitate and attend meetings; provide project status reporting to management; assist with testing scenarios, and validate results
- 5+ years managing software projects in a consulting environment; must have experience directing teams of 5 or more, projects over 15,000 FTE hours, and/or $1M in budget
- Able to serve as a liaison between business and technical teams to drive effective, timely solutions that fulfill both strategic and operational needs
- Solid knowledge in software delivery: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, XP and Lean
- Experience directing all Scrum events including sprint planning, daily Scrum, sprint review, and retrospective
- Strong organizational skills and the capability to interpret and handle a vast array of information
- Excellent communication and an ability to build trust with team members and stakeholders
- A real passion for building software solutions with state-of-the-art technology
- You embrace difficult situations and enjoy solving complex problems
Slalom is a global consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 41 markets around the world, Slalom's teams have autonomy to move fast and do what's right. They are backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world's top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has organically grown to over 12,000 employees. Slalom has been named one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running and is regularly recognized by employees as a best place to work. Learn more at slalom.com.
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include: meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This job has expired.