The position of Production Operator is responsible for monitoring and operation of plant process equipment used in the manufacturing process. The operator evaluates the unit's operating status and performs troubleshooting of processes and equipment in order to maximize unit reliability and quality production. The operator documents various operating parameters and maintains communication with others inside and outside their department. Operators also monitor maintenance activities and performs minor maintenance. This positions receives direction from a supervisor and may receive support from a process specialist, maintenance, and technical personnel.
Roles & Responsibilities
• Comply with all safety requirements resulting in zero safety violations. This includes participating in all safety related activities such as safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, etc.
• Operate, monitor and troubleshoot equipment used during daily manufacturing
• Perform changeovers and disassemble, assemble, and clean machinery
• Understand and execute daily production run schedules, resolve quality issues, and report any unresolved issues immediately
• Stage packaging area, manually lift and load 55lbs or more of material into equipment, bag/box finished product and prepare for shipment and distribution
• Operate forklift to transport raw materials and finished product to designated areas
• Operate hand tools to effectively degate or deflash materials
• Empty trash and waste into compactor or dumpster
• Raw material management including organizing, handling, weighing and measuring
• Follows standard operating and LOTO procedures for all assigned tasks
• Performs all standard QC tests and accurately record production data
• Performs equipment maintenance tasks (PM'S, troubleshoot, repair, etc.), where applicable.
• Maintain a clean work environment and all tools and equipment are in the proper location and storage units
• Minimum 6 months previous experience in production or manufacturing position; mechanically inclined preferred
• Availability to work overtime or weekends on short notice as needed
• Must possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D. at time of application
• Must submit to pre-employment screening including: employment history verification, background check, physical and urine drug screening.
• Must be able to read and interpret documents, write routine correspondence, and speak the English language to effectively communicate with supervisors and other team members
• Basic mathematics and computer skills; SAP experience preferred
• Properly follow written and verbal operating and LOTO procedures
• Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments.
• Ability to multitask and work both independently as well as contribute to teamwork
• Maintain excellent attendance habits
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Stand on feet up to 12 hours
• Ability to perform: walking, climbing, bending, kneeling, twisting, and lifting a minimum 55 lbs.
• Willing and able to comply with respiratory fit testing
• Must be able to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include: heat, cold, dust, strong odors, and loud noises with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Must be able to climb stairs, ladders, and work at heights of 300ft or more and work in confined spaces
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including long pants, long sleeves, steel-toed boots, gloves, hard hat, safety goggles, earplugs, and a respirator are required to be worn
Benefits starting day one:
• Choice of Preferred Provider or Consumer Driven Medical Plan including Prescription Drug Coverage
• Dental, Vision and Employee Assistance Program
• 401(k) Plan with Company Match of 6%
• Retirement (Pension) Plan
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Life, AD&D and LTD Insurance
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Vacation and Holidays
• Educational Assistance
Great compensation package:
• Starting pay at $20.08 / hour
• A $1.25 shift differential
• Progressive pay increases and on the job training
• Annual wage increases
• Safety focused organization
• Grow personally and professionally
• Work with others to develop innovative solutions
**LIMITED TIME - $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS **$1,000 paid within the 1st month of employment. $1,000 paid after 3 months of successful employment. $3,000 paid after 6 months of successful employment. Effective through 3/31/2023.
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB): As a leader in the global chemical industry, LyondellBasell strives every day to be the safest, best operated and most valued company in our industry. The company's products, materials and technologies are advancing sustainable solutions for food safety, access to clean water, healthcare and fuel efficiency in more than 100 international markets. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is Advancing Good with an emphasis on our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. The company takes great pride in its world-class technology and customer focus. LyondellBasell has stepped up its circularity and climate ambitions and actions to address the global challenges of plastic waste and decarbonization. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named as one of FORTUNE Magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Posted 3 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago
Posted 3 minutes ago