Job Title: Control Room Coordinator Department: Office
Reports to: Production Manager FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Employee is responsible for organizing and monitoring the workload within the distribution center and releasing work to the various picking areas. Also responsible for assigning all bins, provide assistance and interact with warehouse IT and warehouse control systems (WCS) issues (utilizing corporate guidance as necessary), maintaining all equipment including headsets, radios, computers, printers, etc.
Essential Functions : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
Non-Essential Functions :
- Demonstrate the ability to release workloads, timely and accurately to maintain production capacity.
- Interact within the distribution center with the Production Planner, Managers and Warehouse Supervisors to advise them of pending production requirements.
- Interface with the Production Manager giving advice for reassignment of production personnel to areas potentially needing additional resources.
- Manipulate priorities to maintain customer service levels.
- Review historical production data to recommend personnel requirements.
- Monitor current progress of various picking activities and report potential shortfalls to appropriate distribution center management.
- Interact with members of the order management department to coordinate work schedules and production priorities.
- Communicate to production planner any potential service level shortfalls.
- Assignment of bins.
- Track labels, tape, first aid supplies, janitorial supplies, knives, gloves, printer supplies, paper, and other items for the overall operation if required.
- Maintain all IT-related items in distribution center including headsets, radios, computers, printers, etc.
- Perform payroll backup function for HR when necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed or requested.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 1 year office experience or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Moderate proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as required which may include working off shifts and weekends either on site or remotely
- A minimum of 1 year working with various data systems
Language Skills :
- Some college (AAS/2 year degree)
- Production environment experience
- Proficiency in English oral and written communication
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak with all levels of the organization
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports
- Strong mathematical skills are required for this position
- Employee will routinely need to calculate production requirements using known standards and estimated volumes
- Employee will also be responsible for reporting and maintaining production goals and achievement to those goals
- Ability to use historical data and trends to forecast future requirements
- Employee will routinely need to evaluate production standards and re-prioritize workloads
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work performed is typically in an office environment although regular visits to the warehouse picking areas will be necessary
- While in the distribution center, employee is frequently exposed to vibrations and dust, and will be working around moving machinery
- Typical office noise levels will be the norm although wile in the distribution center will be moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced production environment handling multiple priorities with attention to detail