8 Hr Morning - Afternoon
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Provides intermediate level support of multi-user clinical operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, training, and support of these systems. Facilitates assessment of current practice and translation of end user needs into the optimal configuration and build of clinical applications. Demonstrates solid analyst skills, advanced technical/ maintenance skills, and clinical knowledge to provide advanced support of clinical application use, enhancement and process improvement.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Preferred Job Qualifications
Licensure or other certifications: Certification, if applicable.
Educational Requirements: Associates Degree or Technical Degree. In lieu of degree, will consider individuals with extensive IT or Operations experience.
Minimum Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of IT application or related operational experience.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Licensure or other certifications: Specific IT application.
Preferred Educational Requirements: Bachelors Degree.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates sound technical judgment and solid technical skills with ability to troubleshoot issues
- Meets competency requirements of the job and demonstrates proficiency in all aspects of the identified job responsibilities
- Achieves the department/unit quality and productivity standards and is accountable for specific customer/user satisfaction
- Demonstrates work approach that is team centric, creative and analytical with solid organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Must be able to function in dynamic environment subject to changes in schedules and priorities, working on multiple projects/ issues concurrently. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems supported.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation capabilities in customer interactions and technical discussion and documentation
- Demonstrates ability to analyze and enhance workflow efficiencies and problem solve clinical systems issues
- Establishes and maintains positive peer, leadership and customer relationships, interacting positively and productively with teams across organizational lines
- Demonstrates ability to independently (with leadership support) lead/ facilitate small projects as assigned in the delivery and support of Clinical Information System solutions
- Works collaboratively with system users, technical staff, other ITS groups and vendor support resources in problem solving issues related to clinical information systems.
- Coordinates aspects of planning, design, development, training, implementation, communication, maintenance and evaluation of existing or new functionality related to clinical information systems.
- Researches, plans, installs, configures, troubleshoots, maintains and upgrades operating systems and application software and hardware, possessing a high level of knowledge regarding support of assigned systems.
- Maintains understanding and working knowledge of current clinical information systems, associated workflows and relationship to other systems within the organization.
- Maintains membership on or consultation to; appropriate committees, workgroups, or task forces as needed to facilitate the ongoing process of the design, implementation and revision of automated and manual components of clinical information systems.
- Works with project managers and teams in implementations of new systems, system upgrades and enhancement of current system functionality, participating in any phase of large or small projects.
- Participates in development and execution of a standardized methodology for testing major system functions before system changes/upgrades are moved to production environment.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of support material related to system implementations and maintenance such as routine updates, troubleshooting, issue resolution and product enhancements.
- Reviews and collaborates as appropriate on user requests for changes, enhancements, additions, etc. to ensure feasibility, quality and appropriateness for the system involved.
- Participates in the process of planning new systems/ processes or re-engineering, working collaboratively across the organization and multiple departments to support clinical practice and ensure development, evaluation, and ongoing support for the EMR.
- Serves as Clinical ITS Liaison support to assigned clinical departments, working with system analysts and department leaders, facilitating a strong partnership between Information Technology and the user community to facilitate ITS support and response to system issues and needs.
- Actively works to develop understanding of customer/department operations, systems and processes, assessing current practice and translating end user needs into optimal configuration and build of clinical applications and system workflows, ensuring effectiveness and efficiency.
- Facilitates reporting of information from source systems using the most appropriate tools.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date training materials for the systems as appropriate or works with system educator to do so. Conducts or participates in training classes when appropriate.
- Participates in department and NGHS teams, committees, projects and initiatives as appropriate to support achievement of department and organizational goals.
- Participates in development and maintenance of a quality improvement program for clinical information systems proactively supporting efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services. Monitors, reports and collaborates with various departments to identify areas for improvement and works with staff and physicians to optimize the usage of clinical systems.
- Maintains professional skills and stays informed of changes in the healthcare industry/ regulations and vendor technology and the impacts on assigned systems. Develops, implements, and adheres to policies, procedures, and standards to meet all regulatory requirements such as HIPAA, as well as currently accepted legal standards.
- Maintains a service oriented approach with customers, providing follow up and responding to issues/ concerns in a timely manner.
- Contributes to the organization financially through identification and implementation of cost effective practices and budget management activities. Assists leadership team in capital and operational budget planning of ITS software, hardware and maintenance costs.
- Provides on call support to end users and the ITS department and serves as resource to other team members in areas of expertise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals. NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Weight Lifted: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
Vision: Heavy, Frequently 31-65%of time
Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Occasionally 0-30%
Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
Intensity of Work: Frequently 31-65%
Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding, Driving
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
This job has expired.