Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Ã‚ÂGroup's key figures (as of March 2020) are approx. 5.4 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 50 countries and about 50,000 staff.
Eurofins Test America is searching for an Analyst I in Pittsburgh, PA
The Analyst I prepares and analyzes environmental samples using standard analytical techniques according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with TestAmerica's Quality Assurance programs and SOP's.
Analyst I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
- Preparation of samples using standard techniques
- Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques
- Calculating data
- Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the supervisor
- Performing routine instrument maintenance
- Responsible for performing job functions in compliance with TestAmerica's EHS and QA standards
- Responsible for general housekeeping in his/her work area
- Ability to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems.
- Works under close supervision using routine and standard methods
- Aliquots and weighs samples
- Washes glassware
- Analytical and/or General Science
- Scientific methods and method compliance
- Strong Mathematics background
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures
- Laboratory safety rules and chemical hazards
Position is full-time, Mon-Fri 2-10:30 pm, with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance ofPittsburgh, PAare encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.QualificationsBasic Minimum Qualifications:
Additional InformationEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- BS or BA in chemistry or related field. 3 years related laboratory experience may substitute for degree.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship