What you'll do...
You'll make an impact by:
- Manages federal and state tax returns, forms, and reporting of operations by gathering financial data from business departments and divisions; analyzing and incorporating data into returns; preparing work papers and supporting schedules; and leveraging professional tax software to process financial and tax data.
- Supports tax accounting and reporting by preparing year end provision calculations; analyzing deferred tax assets and liabilities; and assisting with SOX 404 documentation for tax accounting controls.
- Partners with tax controversy team by managing tax notices and recommending resolutions to issues within established timelines; reviewing and responding to information requisitions; compiling data and creating reports to support state audit projects; and escalating potential exposure items to senior analysts and management.
- Supports tax department training and mentoring initiatives by developing and facilitating team training sessions; creating and updating training documents; and providing one-on-one training and mentoring to associates.
- Influences tax compliance transformation by recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Demonstrating solid understanding of federal and state income tax laws.
- Harnessing the power of MS Office, tax and accounting software, and data analytics tools.
- Communicating clearly and concisely across all levels.You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- You operate with a high level of professionalism, integrity, and collaboration.
- You anticipate and raise issues, solve problems, and recommend solutions.
- You thrive in an agile environment and can handle multiple tasks within tight timelines.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field OR 2 years' experience in accounting, finance, income tax compliance, or
related area. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
License to practice law in at least one state
J.D., Masters: Accounting, Masters: Business, Masters: Economics, Masters: Finance, Masters: Law
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - Certificate Primary Location...
2608 Se J St, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America