Segment Profile: Carlyle Global Investment Solutions (AlpInvest Partners)
Carlyle's Global Investment Solutions (GIS) segment helps investors meet their objectives through tailored portfolio construction and rigorous investment selection. Within Global Investment Solutions ($65 billion AUM), Carlyle's subsidiary private equity asset manager, AlpInvest, seeks to provide investors with access to the global private markets through primary, secondary, and co-investment opportunities across a range of strategies. GIS approximately 180 employees based in New York, Amsterdam, and Hong Kong.
Fund or Department Description:
The GIS Investor Relations ("IR") team is responsible for IR-related activities across the segment, as well as new business development and fundraising activities across both Commingled Funds, and Separately managed / custom accounts ("SMA") with large institutions. The IR team consists of 17 professionals with different nationalities, of which six are female, working closely together on global business development and investor relations, based in New York, Amsterdam, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
Carlyle seeks to hire an Analyst Product Specialist in our GIS Investor Relations Group. The Analyst will be primarily responsible for supporting AlpInvest's Institutional and Retail channels. The position will support Senior Product Specialists and will assist with responding to investor requests and providing analysis to the Alpinvest Sales professionals as needed. Periodic interaction with existing limited partners and investors may be required. The successful candidate must be able to prioritize multiple projects and work under pressure in a deadline-oriented environment.
- AlpInvest Product Specialist support
- Drafting marketing materials for AlpInvest funds
- Support development of due diligence materials and legal documentation
- Work on various diligence requests
- Handle on-going and ad hoc investor requests
- Maintenance of data room materials and investor access
- Maintenance of investor pipelines and diligence request trackers
- CRM maintenance
- Investor Meetings & Events
- Assist with onsite investor meetings and conferences
Education & Certificates
- Bachelor's degree required
- Series 7 and 63 preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience required
- Preferred experience includes: investor relations or business development within financial services, investment banking, capital markets, asset management
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to learn and become the subject matter expert in the systems used to respond to investor and Senior Product Specialist requests
- Self-Starter, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented; attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Position-specific Technical Requirements
- Advanced Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) skills required
- CRM system including DealCloud is preferred
- Ability to quickly develop competency in manipulating various reporting platforms and systems to obtain usable LP data
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $301 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 456 investment vehicles as of December 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 26 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.