Join a place that's working to fundamentally change the way cancer is treated. Evolving to an outcomes-based model - we go beyond treatment to shape the cancer care environment and transform the whole patient experience. We work holistically, from early diagnosis to survivorship, ensuring no patient is left behind. Each of us believes that by delivering earlier stage interventions with curative possibilities and championing the development of precision combinations, we can transform the lives of patients living with cancer across the world.
The Analytics Director, US Oncology drives commercial analytics across key tumors and franchises within US Oncology portfolio to drive commercial effectiveness in improving our inline assets and accelerating new launches. As a valued partner to the business, you will collaborate with Marketing collaborators to identify key business questions and address with innovative, analytical approaches to improve the lives of patients and enhance commercial effectiveness in partnership with Insights, Data Science, Forecasting, Finance, Market Access and Data Management.
Your deep experience managing large-scale datasets and conducting sophisticated quantitative data analysis enables you to lead the design and delivery of outstanding analysis and synthesis of complex data to derive critical insights into brand performance & underlying drivers to inform commercial strategic decision-making. In addition, your project management experience and leadership approach allows you to efficiently triage execution of key projects to analytics resources to ensure impactful delivery of business results, optimizing execution across key vendor partners and elevating team members' output.
Your business & clinical competence and curiosity enable you to develop a deep knowledge of brands, customers and market environment to be a proactive, strategic partner to the business. In addition, your ability to fluidly connect the dots between strategy and technical analysis enables you to synthesize business implications. Your experience in communicating to stakeholders enables you to deliver compelling, succinct storytelling and impactful data visualization to influence sr. leadership with confidence.
This role reports to the Sr. Director, Forecasting & Performance, and sits within US Insights & Analytics, an independent team that partners with the US Oncology commercial organization to drive strategic decisions by providing world-class insight generation and analytics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead objective quantitative analysis and synthesis of key insights across different data sources to deliver practical recommendations in support of critical business workstreams.
- Apply advanced analytics approaches to deepen our understanding of disease states, treatment landscapes, and patient journeys.
- Be a leader with vision in Analytics, building and supporting new capabilities within US I&A. Identify business needs proactively through observed data trends and build research/analysis with foresight as a trusted business partner.
- Support prioritization across multiple business needs and stakeholders and develop impactful analytics plans. Promote standardization across brands and better enable capability builds cross-franchise. Partner closely with stakeholders to meet business needs, and prioritize resources to address the most significant portfolio opportunities.
- Serve as an expert resource on the scope, interpretation, and nuances of internal secondary data, particularly medical and pharmacy claims, with the ability to retrieve, organize and analyze large datasets as needed.
- Create insightful reports and compelling presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Oversee and optimize outsourced vendor partners and consultants to deliver executional excellence
- Performance/KPI development, tracking, and cross-brand best practice sharing, including identifying & driving reporting efficiencies and automations to ensure team members can invest time in addressing high-value business questions
- Mentor and support Analytics team members to enhance team capabilities and support professional growth; Provide methodological support and guidance across various workstreams as needed, building the skills of teammates and nurturing a culture of continuous improvement
Passion for Customers: Understands one's customers and uses that insight to provide value; Highly consultative with ability to build credibility and relationships with key stakeholders.
Thinks Strategically: Strategic and critical thinking skills to quickly identify and act on opportunities, combining forethought with action.
Acts Decisively: Makes and acts on decisions quickly and effectively and fosters the same in others; Comfort with ambiguity with the ability to challenge traditional thinking and courage to take smart risks to solve problems.
Works Collaboratively: Actively creates and promotes cross-boundary collaboration to achieve better business results.
Ability to influence: Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of business performance infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered.
Lead without authority: Demonstrated success in mentoring, coaching, directing others towards delivering towards a shared goal, even without direct reporting lines; Creates an environment that enables others to perform at their best.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+years experience in insights, commercial analytics or data science roles
- Ability to clean, wrangle, and transform large, complex data sources, using fit-for-purpose data analysis techniques to generate robust insights
- Strong analytics capability, strategic thinking and business acumen to understand and interpret ambiguous information from multiple sources, stitching together findings into a clear narrative for business users
- Good presentation skills with the ability to explain concepts or plans in a simple concise manner
- Ability to lead without authority
- Demonstrated ability to build trust with stakeholders and impactfully collaborate across groups of diverse backgrounds and skills
- Ability to provide informational and analytical support for leadership in a timely and effective manner through seamless integration with other members of Insights and Analytics
- Comfort with ambiguity with the ability to challenge traditional thinking to solve problems
- Strong familiarity with secondary patient-level data sources (IQVIA, Symphony, Flatiron, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint
- Advanced Quantitative Degree (e.g., Statistics, Engineering, or Economics) or Advanced Marketing Degree (e.g., MBA)
- Pharmaceutical industry, management consulting experience, or equivalent analytic experience at academic settings, ideally in oncology
- Hands-on experience to manipulate secondary patient-level data sources (claims and Electronic health record data) to extract detailed patient and physician information or experience in guiding analytic projects using such data
- Experience in presenting to large teams with senior members
- Familiarity with BI visualization tools (Qlik, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Project / Program management expertise
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.