Responsible for the customer satisfaction, profitable growth, and the attainment of sales goals in assigned store and associated market area. In addition to growing and retaining the current customer base by implementing new business and marketing strategies, individuals in this role also coordinate the activities of store staff in the areas of sales reporting, sales administration, and workforce scheduling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Lead store sales operations, which includes coordinating the sales, marketing and administrative activities of the store staff, as well as maintaining customer satisfaction levels at or above company average
- Lead by example by demonstrating a positive proactive "can do" attitude in the workplace
- Partner with the District Sales Manager in the setting, managing, and reporting of sales and marketing metrics/ results
- Partner with the District Sales Manager to ensure the staff is appropriately trained in the areas of soft skills, products, services, and industry compliance
- Meet and exceed individual sales goals through new product sales, cross selling, and retention of current customers
- Develop and manage customer relationships and serve as a resource to customers and potential customers on all Direct Auto's products and services
- Receive customer payments, issue receipts, verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers, and ensure daily deposits are taken to the bank
- Implement marketing programs and initiatives which further the Direct's brand in the local market (car dealerships, local events, etc) and build and maintain relationships with community organizations and local businesses
- Monitor key competitors in the local market area and making suggestions on initiatives that could improve Direct Auto's position in the marketplace
- Understand, promote and remain current on company underwriting guidelines, announcements, and memos related to changes in company policies and procedures
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Active Property/Casualty and Life Insurance licensure
- 2+ years of successful business-to-consumer sales experience
- 1+ years of experience in a lead or supervisory role
- Strong demonstrated ability to market and sell in multi-product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with internal and external clients at varying levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain customer relationships and provide excellent customer service
- Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
- Valid US State-issued driver's license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience in the insurance industry
- Knowledge of insurance laws, regulations and processes, ability to analyze and interpret insurance policies and insurance coverage and/or experience in working in a compliance and regulatory environment
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.