It's more than a career, it's a calling.
WI-SSM Health Outpatient Center
This is a full time position. The position will work 11:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, this position will not rotate to night shift.
We are looking for someone with patient care experience to work closely with nursing staff. Nursing Assistant background is a plus. You will room patients, discharge patients, assist with transfers, remove IVs, perform EKGs and other direct patient care tasks.
Assists in planning, coordinating and implementing indirect patient care and unit maintenance.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Prepares for surgery daily by stocking operating rooms according to PAR (Periodic Automatic Replenishment) levels, checking each operating room for proper equipment for cases scheduled, and checking case carts for instrumentation needs.
- Restocks warmers throughout the day with fluids, blankets, etc. Orders supplies from central supply/dispatch. Performs daily diagnostic testing and recording of sterilization equipment according to hospital policy and manufacturer's recommendations.
- Restocks and cleans all anesthesia equipment used, transporting equipment and supplies to other service areas of hospital as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of surgery equipment by reporting malfunctions to the proper personnel.
- Assists in maintaining unit efficiency by cleaning operating rooms between procedures, washing instruments between procedures, and flash sterilizing instruments under the direction of a certified surgical tech or registered nurse.
- Assists with lifting and turning patients, transporting patients, and assisting in pre/post op areas and PACU (Post-Anesthesia Care Unit) as needed.
- Exhibits excellent verbal communication skills and commitment to patient satisfaction 100% of the time. Utilizes service recovery skills by reporting any concerns to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintains communication with operating room director, management, anesthesiologist, CRNAs, and appropriate service representatives to ensure efficient work flow.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Rare crawling, sitting and keyboard use/data entry.
64300164 601129-SCC SurgeryWork Shift:
Evening Shift (United States of America)Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.