Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
Prepares asphalt for rolling by working the mix with a rake to repair any pavement imperfections.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Utilize asphalt rake to spread, smooth and level asphalt on road beds.
- Observe distribution of asphalt to adjust machine settings or material flow, and indicate low spots for workers to add material.
- Light burners or start heating units of machines, and regulate screed temperatures and asphalt flow rates.
- Inspect, clean, maintain equipment.
- Fill hoppers with paving materials.
- Set up and tear down equipment.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
- Proper certification required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Appropriate training and experience required
Workers should be able to:
- Practice good safety habits
- Work in dusty or dirty surroundings
- Follow instructions and meet set standards
- Judge distances and slopes accurately
- Make decisions based on verifiable standards.
Physically, workers must be able to:
About Granite Construction Incorporated
- Stoop, bend, and crouch
- Use hands, arms, and legs fully
- See well (either naturally or with correction)
- Lift up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.