Assembler - 2nd shift (Conversion)
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented ASSEMBLER at our facility located in Berea, KY. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names.
The Assembler is responsible for the assembly and inspection of a variety of parts, subassemblies, fluids, and accessories in order to build a lift truck. Building subassemblies including; drive axles, power trains, side shifters and header hoses, overhead guard modules, lights, hydraulic tanks, brakes, steering columns, cowls, tires and seats. Perform other related duties as required or directed.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- Ability to assemble lift trucks and components within a certain cycle time.
- Test, inspect, make adjustments and reject parts/materials.
- Proper care and usage of assembly tools, equipment, facility, and maintain general housekeeping.
- Safe behavior and safe operation of equipment.
- Accept responsibility for quality of work performed.
- Proper documentation using the BAM system.
- Maintain adherence to quality standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- A minimum of six months experience
- A high school diploma or GED
- General knowledge of assembly process and general knowledge of tools.
- Ability to read and make decisions from SOE's, OMS, shop orders, operation sheets, prints, diagrams, and written and verbal instruction
- Proficient computer skills
- Safety knowledge in a manufacturing environment and proper use of PPE
- Familiar with DFT techniques
- A National Career Readiness Certification is preferred.
- Must be able to manage time in such a way as to maintain an acceptable level of attendance.
- Exhibit willingness to participate in training deemed necessary by management to assist in the development of basic and technical skills
Candidates identified for these opportunities will be expected to work safely, perform quality work be available to work either shift, flexible in the acceptance of work assignments, available to work overtime as required, perform their work in a proficient and efficient manner, maintain their work area and participate in developmental programs as identified by the company.
Hyster-Yale Group supports and is committed to maintaining a Drug Free Workplace. Qualified candidates will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screening and be drug free.
Applications or resumes will not
be accepted at our manufacturing facility. All
inquiries - telephone or personal - must be made through the Kentucky Career Center.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.
Full timeWork Hours
40Travel RequiredPrimary Location
HYG US Berea, KYAddress
2200 Menelaus PikeZip Code
NoRelocation Assistance Available
NoWe are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.