If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
Assistant Professor - Clinical/Educator track -
Division of Hematology
Department of Medicine
This faculty position will have clinical and research responsibilities within the Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, and the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. This individual will serve as an attending physician in the Division of Hematology, with focus on the care and treatment of patients with hematologic disorders with a primary emphasis in the diagnosis and management of Lymphoma. This includes outpatient care, as well as inpatient attending responsibilities for the division.
This position will be located at both the Main Campus as well as the UHealth Doral location.
This individual should be motivated to participate in the expansion of the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center Clinical Trials portfolio.
Duties and responsibilities (include but may not be limited to):
- Responsible for holding clinic sections and for inpatient attending duties at Sylvester's main campus.
- Participate in Department academic activities, divisional/departmental meetings.
- May lecture or conduct demonstrations or teach across UM schools.
- Explore and develop appropriate research collaborations both within and outside the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center or the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine departments and schools.
- Write and submit scientific papers and abstracts, as well as submit grant proposals (if applicable).
- Conduct and develop clinical and translational trials related to the treatment of leukemia.
- Will assist in the expansion of clinical trials portfolio as an investigator and as principal investigator.
- Qualifications should include a demonstrated track record of excellence in patient care, research, peer-reviewed publications, and the potential to serve as principal investigator of cutting-edge clinical trials.
- National recognition and/or experience in the development of clinical trials, including investigator initialed trials, and in the emerging area of personalized medicine.
- Board certification or eligibility in Hematology and/or Oncology is required.
- Active or eligibility to obtain a Florida Medical License.
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.