If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS, GYNECOLOGY & REPRODUCTIVE SCIENCES
Member of the full-time faculty of the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Reproductive Sciences.
Primary duties will include:
- Active participation in the inpatient and outpatient clinical practice of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Miami Kendall Medical Center, Desai Sethi Institute, Doral Commons, University of Miami Hospital and Jackson Memorial Hospital.
- Development of and participation in clinical research programs in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Teaching of residents, medical and nursing students.
- Ensure that all charts and medical records are accurately completed in a timely manner and adhere to all clinical P&Ps
- Responsible for delivery of care, treatment and referrals; Arrange for referral resources for those medical specialties not provided
- Evaluate patients to determine the medical condition of the patient through performance of physical examinations thereby establishing a diagnosis and proposed treatment plan
- Maintain high standard for medical practice and participate in the training development of the medical team.
- Assist in medical education of both the patients and the clinic staff.
- Facilitates the patient's transition within and between health care settings, refer and transfer patients for follow-up and/or specialty care and discharge patients
- Participate in the development of clinic protocols and formulary.
Secondary duties will include participation in appropriate departmental committees and administrative matters; and private practice in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Members of the Generalist Division provide comprehensive obstetrical and gynecologic care to women working alongside allied health professionals, specialists and subspecialists in both the University of Miami/ UHealth and Jackson Health Systems. Specialty care includes uterine fibroids, sexual health, pelvic pain, vulvar abnormalities, family planning, preconception counseling, cervical dysplasia, and anal dysplasia. A strong commitment to teaching medical students, residents and fellows, and conducting research are prerequisites for leading the Generalist Division in the role as Division Chief. Clinical investigation includes a broad range of domains, including but not limited to patient oriented, translational, epidemiologic, behavioral, outcomes, implementation or health services research.Current Employees:
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.