Assistant Superintendent - Multifamily New Construction
The Assistant Superintendent will support the jobsite Superintendent in providing direction and oversight of work performed by various work crews and subcontractors. The Assistant Superintendent collaborates with others to address issues of jobsite safety, constructability, and performance to the established schedule and project plan.
At Fairfield, we are proud to be a leader in the multifamily housing industry. We are passionate about creating exceptional and luxurious apartment living. Among the most experienced multifamily companies, Fairfield has developed and acquired over 975 communities since 1985. We are an award-winning company that proudly employs over 1,300 associates who are dedicated to serving our customers at our apartment communities located in over 30 markets nationwide.
We have a great opportunity for you to work side by side with our passionate, bright and highly experienced professionals in the Multifamily Housing industry.
- Intermediate computer skills to include MS Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task / good time management.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership Ability. The ability to command respect.
- Thoroughly understand and follow plans and specifications in the construction of the project.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously with the ability to adapt to frequent changes.
- Positive attitude and excellent problem solving abilities.
- Available to work flexible hours.
- Must be willing and able to travel to any and all job sites within your area.
Why consider us?
- Supervise, coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of all subcontractors to ensure project is completed on time.
- Coordinates with Property Manager / Maintenance Supervisor on scheduling work that may impact current and future residents
- Maintains a working set of the latest issued construction drawings and specifications.
- Perform detailed reviews of construction drawings and notify Superintendent and Project Manager of any discrepancies in the plans.
- Convey any plan modifications to Subcontractor for execution in the field.
- Develops and maintains production targets for all direct work.
- Undertakes new work activities only after proper and documented trade safety training has occurred. Enforce the safety plan.
- Initiates and holds weekly safety and subcontractor meetings. Record and issue meeting notes.
- Produces work quality which meets or exceeds company standards and all applicable code and contract requirements. Cooperate with and implement appropriate quality assurance programs.
- Initiates, creates, distributes and tracks completion of punch lists for all phases of construction.
- Maintains tools and equipment inventory and maintenance systems. Keep the Superintendent informed of needs and problems.
- Develop, monitor and execute the receiving, handling, storage, distribution and documentation of all Fairfield purchased materials.
- Inform the Superintendent of the required delivery dates of all permanent materials and equipment for communication to vendors, suppliers and/or subcontractors. The Assistant Superintendent will assist the Superintendent to expedite all deliveries to the site.
- Keep daily reports. Prepare and submit daily reports via Procore. The daily reports will become part of the close-out documents.
- Handles labor relations on the project.
- Keep the Superintendent briefed at all times of ongoing work, material deliveries, material inventory, project safety and schedule.
- Assists the Superintendent with reviewing subcontractor's monthly Payment applications.
- Trains new personnel.
- Supervise and coordinate construction trades to adhere to all OSHA regulations.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the Fairfield/OSHA safety policies and attends safety meetings.
- Liaison with client representatives, government officials, architects/engineers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Assist the Superintendent to maintain necessary paperwork from project startup through closeout.
- Establish and maintain a positive working environment.
- Complies with all Fairfield standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package.
- Careers are made at Fairfield- We are committed to developing our staff through our robust in-person, online and social training. Promotions from within are encouraged.
- Environmentally Aware- Fairfield leads the industry through our Living Green Program and our LEED Certified communities.
- Award Winning- Fairfield is recognized for our customer service, training and professionalism.
- Cutting Edge Technology- Fairfield utilizes innovative property leasing and accounting software that maximizes productivity.
Estimated Rate of Pay:
$85,120.00 - $127,680.00
This position is exempt; the range above reflects annual salary.
The pay range displayed for this position is determined by skills and experience required, location and job complexity*. Potential job offers may vary based on the skills, education, and experience an individual candidate holds. This range reflects base rate only, and does not include allowances, perks, commissions or bonuses applicable to this position (if any). In addition to base salary, Fairfield offers all full time associates the following, upon meeting eligibility requirements:
- Paid time off, paid holidays and sick days, paid time off for volunteering activities (optional)
- Matched 401(k)
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
* Pay range is a calculation based on a midpoint price. Fairfield complies with all wage and hour laws, including minimum wage and salary exempt requirements.