The Assistant Vice President, TPA Property & Casualty Claims will have responsibility for providing leadership to the field claims operations for PMA Management Corp.'s Commercial Automobile, General Liability, Professional Liability, Inland Marine, and Property claims handling. This position is responsible for client retention, growth of profit and revenue, delivery of exceptional claims services to our customers, client satisfaction, and oversight of the Property & Casualty book of business. This position is also responsible for the technical and operational functions, including compliance with organizational and industry best practices and the execution of consistent quality of services delivered.
- Provide leadership to PMA Management Corp's Property & Casualty book of business.
- Establish policy and procedures to ensure compliance with best practices, claims management service standards, special handling instructions, carrier and client requirements.
- Ensure appropriate execution of quality assurance processes, inclusive of identification of strengths, areas of opportunity and implementation of action plans, when necessary, that focus on improved results.
- Provide recommendations to senior leadership relative to business planning with an emphasis on achieving the TPA's annual growth, profit and revenue goals/objectives.
- Utilize data analytics and internal quality assurance protocols to develop metrics to ensure profitable outcomes.
- Ensure initiatives drive ongoing process efficiencies and existing protocols are effectively executed.
- Monitor and analyze significant developments and legislative changes in service territories that may affect claim operations. Communicate trends, issue and recommendations to leadership, staff, and other appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Maximize performance of employees and provide opportunities for growth and development by providing coaching and development. Promote effective communication among all within the organization.
- Develop and execute consistent, viable business strategies to improve employee retention, engagement and drive positive employee morale.
- Maintain appropriate corporate staffing models and evaluate workloads as required.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent customer service and effective claim services.
- Provides active client sponsorship, engagement with key customers and sales/client service support as needed.
- Displays strong understanding of the customers and their programs.
- Demonstrates commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience typically defined as 10+ years of multi state commercial property, automobile, general liability, and professional liability claims experience in positions of increased responsibility
- 5+ years as a claims leader in a Third-Party Administrator
- Large, national, and multi-line client experience is preferred
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Demonstrable track record of influencing and executing strategy
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to effectively interact with executives and clients
- Ability to maintain confidential information and work independently and in a team
- Strong analytical acumen
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Professional designations desired (CPCU, ARM, AIC)
- Travel (15%)