Summary and Essential Duties
The Associate Category Manager supports the Category Management team in analysis of product assortment, price changes, RFP reviews and program administration for all enterprise vendor agreements. In addition, this role is also responsible for administrating category data within all organizational systems.
- Deliver data-driven performance analysis and meaningful insights (trends, financial analysis, metrics development and tracking), leveraging data source mining and data analysis to support IMA & Shamrock RFPs and Right Product Initiatives (RPI).
- Maintain regular reporting tools to measure category performance against established metrics.
- Support Category Manager in preparing for regular business reviews with supplier partners.
- Manage net cost worksheet cost/price changes and insure timely completion weekly of purchase allowance (PA) rate assignments.
- Negotiate programs as assigned by the Category Manager with new supplier partners.
- Assist Category Manager with enterprise-wide product assortment reviews in connection with local assortment reviews within each branch.
- Work with Branch Category Managers in gathering competitive intelligence to help inform defendable pricing review process.
- Review shared industry data to assess category share performance and help identify trends
- Willingness to develop knowledge base in assigned categories with the goal of becoming a subject-matter-expert.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Four-year college degree in business or related field preferred.
- 1-2 years of foodservice experience or equivalent in the area of merchandising, category management, and/or marketing
- Experience with one or more of the following programs Power BI, Market Medium, Adage
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel is essential
- Solid quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
At Shamrock Foods Company, people come first - our associates, our customers, and the families we serve across the nation. A privately-held, family-owned and -operated Forbes 500 company, Shamrock is an innovator in the food industry and has been since being founded in Arizona in 1922. Our Mission:
At Shamrock Foods Company, we live by our founding family's motto to 'treat associates like family and customers like friends.' Why work for us?
Benefits are a major part of your overall compensation, and we believe offering them at an affordable cost is not only the right thing to do, but it helps keep you and your family healthy. That's why Shamrock Foods pays for the majority of your health insurance, allowing you to take home more of your paycheck. And it doesn't stop there - our associates also enjoy additional benefits such as 401(k) Savings Plan, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, as well as our incredible growth opportunities, continued education, wellness programs, and much more! In addition to the benefits described, this position may be eligible for a vehicle expense allowance, cell phone allowance, and/or participation in Shamrock Rewards. Equal Opportunity Employer
At Shamrock Foods Co all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis protected by applicable law.
This job has expired.