At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. We are passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring new ideas to life.
AstraZeneca's CVRM (Cardiovascular, Renal & Metabolic) portfolio is unmatched and continues to deliver new treatment options for patients. AstraZeneca's strategy in CVRM focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across uncontrollable bleeding, cardiovascular (CV) disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led life-cycle management programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods.
Reporting to the Director Market Access Strategy, the Access Strategy Associate Director in Wilmington, DE will be responsible for implementing access strategies. The Associate Director will contribute to the development and implementation of a communication strategy and support negotiations with specialty distributors, GPOs, national payers, regional payers and retail chains. The role will develop and manage the budget, affordability strategies and programs. Finally, the Associate Director will develop insights and recommendations on access and affordability messaging to support the overall HCP & Consumer communication strategy and promotional assets. This candidate will work closely with the Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Market Access and Insight teams to ensure seamless customer experience and alignment toward the overall brand objectives.
What you'll do:
• Responsible for collaborating with cross-functional team (Marketing, Insights, Medical Affairs, and Field Integrators) as well as Market Access customer-facing teams to identify rich market insights across patients, providers, and payers to advise comprehensive market access strategies and aligned messaging across segments
• Develops compelling and differentiated product value propositions and builds associated customer education materials
• Partners with Contracting Strategy to develop effective contracting offerings that achieve access and contribution goals
• Analyzes with insight to understand the access and affordability impact on HCP/Consumer behavior
• Collaborates with the HCP/Marketing team on customer communication strategies and promotional assets
• Effectively manages agency relationships ensuring promotional programs are delivered on-time and within budget
• Develops and manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ finance and accounting requirements
• Performs all company business in accordance with regulations and company policies and procedures
• Support the channel to help negotiate programs with specialty distributors
Essential for the role
• Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in business, marketing or the sciences
• 5+ years of progressive experience within the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical market including Payer Marketing, Brand Marketing, Market Research, Account Management, and/or Field Sales
• Understanding of the US market access landscape and the legal/regulatory environment for pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals
• Understanding of customer and industry marketing practices and trends
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, if required
Desirable for the role
• MBA in relevant field
• Experience developing and executing strategy
• Managed care/payer experience
• Ability to think strategically and to translate strategy into tactical implementation and to motivate people to execute on strategy
• Teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to gain consensus and act within ambiguous, sophisticated matrix organization
• Results oriented with excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Proven Learning Agility
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Charles City, Iowa
Posted about 2 hours ago