Department Specific Responsibilities
- Exercises consistent relationship-management.
- Connects and maintains engagement with prospective students via supportive and constructive follow-up with candidates.
- Recruits in tandem with the Associate Director of Recruitment, primarily in-state and special events.
- Maintains, implements and oversees a holistic recruitment yield tactical plan for recruitment.
- Develops, implements, and administers plans, programs, and events for general and targeted student recruitment in support of organizational goals.
- Integrates a diverse and strategic communications strategy in collaboration with other departments, geared toward specific student declared academic major, career interests, and geographic factors.
- Identifies and develops partnerships for outreach to prospective students and influencers.
- Interprets academic policies and exercises authority and independent judgment.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates programs and processes and determines the effectiveness of markets and strategies. Exercises independent judgment and uses census data and modeling tools to identify effective marketing plans and strategies to address specific populations.
- Serves in a collaborative role with internal and external stakeholders to identify targets of opportunity to attract and enroll under-represented populations. Participates in the assessment and evaluation of various models.
- May attend meetings or serve on committees with the admissions stakeholders, including all staff meetings, recruitment, and outreach team meetings, customer service lead meetings, and undergraduate recruitment council meetings; may provide guidance to other admissions counselor.
- 2 years in admissions, higher education, marketing, or related field
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered
- Previous Academic Advising and Student Counseling
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Possesses excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Highly developed customer relations skills
- Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to interpret federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations and required procedures associated with compliance required
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Benefits Overview
For full-time staff employees, Indiana University offers a wide array of benefits including:
- Multiple plan options for medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health Savings Account with generous IU contribution
- Life insurance, LTD, and AD&D options
- Base retirement plan contribution from IU, subject to vesting
- Additional supplemental retirement plan options
- Tuition benefit for IU classes
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Learn more about our benefits by reviewing our online Benefits Brochure.Job Classification
Career Level: Career
Job Function: Student Services
Job Family: Admissions & Recruitment
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us