The Program Management team within Clinical Development at Moderna is responsible for driving program teams forward in the development of novel mRNA medicines and vaccines for a wide range of diseases and world health. Moderna is seeking a motivated and energetic Program Manager to work with cross-functional teams to enable execution of the objectives and strategy of assigned programs in clinical development within the Moderna Oncology Portfolio. The Program Manager will work in close partnership with the Program Leader and the cross-functional Program Team to enable the execution of the program strategy. Assigned programs may span several products at different phases. The successful candidate will have program management experience across multiple phases of pre-clinical and clinical development, preferably in Oncology.
Here's What You'll Do:
The Program manager will be involved in high-level supervision of the programs by:
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Partnering with the program leader to shape program strategy and execution plan.
- Collaborating with functional leads to define program strategy and proactively identify and escalate gaps and challenges; Managing team through scenario planning to solve problems.
- Building relationships with key stakeholders (team members and leadership) to ensure alignment of functional and corporate objectives; Leveraging organizational dynamics to promote program goals.
- Coordinating team efforts to develop impactful presentations to summarize complex topics into critical points to facilitate strategic planning and decision-making, Preparing program status updates and governance presentations to the Development Review Committee (DRC) and Executive Committee.
- Developing and tracking activities against program timelines and budget.
- Administering the day-to-day activities, including, facilitating cross-functional team meetings, leading discussions to drive decision-making, preparing agenda and meeting minutes, and defining and resolving action items.
- Working with the Finance group to implement and track the program budget.
- Contributing to Program Management initiatives to support the development and scaling of capabilities, tools, and processes.
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- BS degree in a scientific field with a minimum of 10 years of experience or MS degree in a scientific field with 6-8 years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
- Proven track record of successful project management experience in drug development (preferably in oncology) across multiple phases (pre-clinical and clinical Phase 1-3).
- Prior experience managing or working within cross-functional project teams with timeline management and budgetary responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of project management tools and software (e.g., Smartsheet, MS Project, and timeline visualization software).
- Must be adept at working in a fluid environment and foster a strong collaborative spirit internally and externally.
- Strong personal skills to influence without authority, motivate others and manage conflict.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational aptitude.
- Preferred: Project/program management training.
- Preferred: Ph.D. or PharmD and 2+ years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
- Preferred: Laboratory experience in an academic or biotechnology setting.
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary winter shut down
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.About Moderna
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
This job has expired.