We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our growing PacBio finance team. Reporting to Vice President of Finance, this role will serve as a trusted business partner to the Chief Commercial Officer, providing end-to-end FP&A support to the Commercial organization. This is a high-visibility role and offers a unique career opportunity for in-depth and incredibly cross-functional experience in FP&A as well as Sales Operations.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on yet strategic finance professional who can build the tools and processes to help us scale for the future. Critical to this role will be the ability to successfully drive strategic initiatives to improve the accuracy and efficiency of our financial reporting and optimize the planning and reporting processes.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action-driven, and flexible in changing direction and methods. Additionally, qualified candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide an immediate contribution.
- Partner closely with the Commercial/Sales organization to develop scalable and efficient forecasting processes that support a rapidly growing business
- Lead Bookings / Billings / Backlog forecasting and data analytics processes
- Support deal pricing structure, discounts, and non-standard deal reviews
- Become a subject matter expert for all topline metrics, with a focus towards understanding customer level detail, our key growth drivers and providing actionable insights to our leadership
- Develop reporting packages and dashboards for financial and business review meetings that succinctly summarize key insights on performance as well as provide recommendations on actionable insights to enable business partners to act
- Analyze, synthesize, and translate data into key strategic inputs and insights that will drive strategic decision making at the executive level. Extract and compile data and report out of enterprise systems including SAP
- Manage Commercial operating expense forecasting and reporting; Working with Commercial leadership to provide monthly variance reporting and helping leadership achieve targeted spend
- Manage commissions process, including payment calculation and accruals, and future system automation of the calculations
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
- 10+ years of FP&A experience, including at least 3+ years in Sales/Revenue Finance
- Exceptional interpersonal soft skills and ability to establish strong rapport and partnerships at all levels of the organization. Outstanding financial acumen blended with business partnership.
- Self-directed and able to work well and communicate effectively in a team environment. Hands on and able to work with minimal supervision. Ability to balance multiple deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills/modeling
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Must be driven and highly motivated with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and maintain complex financial models; demonstrated proficiency with advanced functions.
- Experienced user with knowledge of ERP, BI, and automated planning systems
- Life sciences or biotech industry experience a plus
- BS or BA in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- MBA preferred; CPA, CFA or CMA a plus
You may be required from time to time to visit and work at PacBio locations and for such times as the Company considers necessary for the proper performance of your duties.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
$191,300.00 - $258,800.00
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
This job has expired.
- Equal Opportunity Employment