BASIC FUNCTIONS: This entry-level position performs basic systems engineering assignments. This position is also responsible for management support and triage.
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Basic problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of storage systems such as Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure.
- Knowledge of virtual server environments and thin client.
- Knowledge of scripts for automation.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Basic oral and written communication skills.
- Apply basic problem-solving skills in multiple operating environments to support assignments involving the execution of a series of related tasks.
- Apply basic knowledge of system components in completing assigned tasks (i.e., storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure).
- Diagnose basic system performance problems.
- Perform online system functions to assist with tasks encountered in execution of daily responsibilities such as utility functions and editing of files.
- Develop lists/scripts for execution of commonly used processes and automation of simple tasks.
- Assist in daily support of the systems/products assigned, through early detection and pursuit or changes in system responses or operation.
- Work closely with support groups to refine system monitoring and reporting, and to assist them in their analysis and problem recovery.
- All other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.