At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Primary Function of Position:
We are looking for an interventional pulmonologist, interested in impacting millions of patients’ lives as well as the future of Intuitive’s endoluminal technology. The position ideally combines your position as a practicing interventionalist with a part time role as Associate Medical Officer at Intuitive. In this role, you will share the responsibility of the Endoluminal Medical Office for a wide variety of medical affairs. The key role will impact and provide clinical benefit-risk assessment information and guidance. You will support our medical research to broaden adoption, provide clinical input to product and procedure development teams, advise on reimbursement, market access and clinical evidence and publication strategies. The position interfaces with various departments within Intuitive primarily including Post Market Surveillance and Investigation, Medical Safety Office and Regulatory Compliance and Product Development Engineering. In addition, frequent interaction with Clinical Affairs, Training and Education and Global Market Access teams is expected.
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority to:
Provide clinical risk assessment information and guide the Post Market Surveillance and Investigation teams in assessing the clinical implications of complaints, adverse events and product performance concerns leveraging a strong understanding of Intuitive's Ion Endoluminal System and the associated clinical applications.
- Collaborate in Health Hazard Evaluations (HHE), draft reports and assist in responses to global regulator requests for additional information.
- Communicate with physicians to obtain important clinical information
Provide clinical input and expertise to product and procedure development teams
- Work closely with clinical engineering, user experience and product marketing groups, develop clinical test protocols and perform clinical evaluation of new products and risks.
Support clinical strategy to expand the use of the Ion Endoluminal System by working with the cross-functional leadership teams and guide early medical research.
- Work with key physician opinion leaders to evaluate and develop new procedures.
- Provide guidance in establishing clinical pathways for teachable, repeatable, and sustainable procedures.
- Co-Chair investigator meetings.
Contribute to our clinical evidence strategy
- Employ knowledge of literature to broaden the benefit of our clinical studies.
- Apply quantitative skills to challenge and validate procedures for clinical value; study design, critical analysis, and editing.
- Assist in identifying investigators, protocol development, and study design for scientific and regulatory publications and studies.
Support the ongoing development of physician training programs designed to deliver high quality training, effectively reducing the post-training learning curve
- Provide critical review of physician training, proctoring and credentialing programs.
- Collaborate with the training organization in the revision of programs as necessary.
- Develop training programs in collaboration with surgical societies
- Provide guidance to the regulatory team by evaluating clinical outcomes, incidents and the clinical impact of product and policy changes.
- Keep the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
- Minimum MD with a minimum 10 years’ experience with a focus on interventional pulmonology, preferable in academic medicine
- Current or probable future user of the Ion Endoluminal System
- 50% part time Intuitive employee with benefits
- Established reputation within the international IP community to help facilitate interactions between Intuitive and external key opinion leaders
- Expertise in peer reviewed clinical publications
- Proven ability to lead, influence and work well in a cross functional team environment with ability to be a hands-on as needed
- Background in Engineering preferred
- Business background or experience preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, planning, decision making, negotiating and change management skills
- Seeks, recognizes, and executes creative and simple solutions to resolve complex department challenges; routinely steadies the team when stressed; leads by example
- Excellent communication (written, verbal), presentation and documentation skills
- Self-managed, needing minimal supervision to complete assignments
- Self-confident and able to react quickly under pressure
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% of time, including international and domestic
- Strong Administrative Acumen: budgets, project/program cost tracking and other technical management administrative experience
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 25 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day
This job has expired.