How do you manufacture the world's cleanest alloy steel? How do you help your customers push the bounds of what's possible? With a smart and passionate team of people who are focused on a strong set of core values, on giving their best every day, and who are proud of the contributions they're making to our company and community. People who want to make a difference.
Purpose and Scope:
This position can work and/or be located at any of the three Canton steel plants (HSP, FSP or GSP). Assoc. Process Control Analysts/Engineers (PCE) are control system experts that provide advanced and highly specialized knowledge, technical skills, and consultation. This role is directly responsible for design, test, implementation, and troubleshooting of new processes, design and installs modification to existing systems; ensure high availability of key operating assets, development of new technology, providing recommendations on continuous improvement and new strategies to improve safety, quality, and efficiency, and supporting new business initiatives. PCEs are the highest level of production technical responsibility once the skills of the electrical/mechanical maintainers and technicians have been exhausted on a day-to-day basis.
- Analyze and understand assigned process area, debug, and make minor software changes to both PLC and higher-level computer control systems.
- Update and maintain control system software to allow for 24/7 operations including but not limited to applying current software patches (i.e. Windows Server, SQL Server, etc...), virus protection, and system backups.
- Use engineering skills and tools to design, test, implement small control system upgrades.
- Provide support to technicians, operations, and maintenance associates to troubleshoot and implement continuous improvement to enhance manufacturing process
- Continually learning to maintain an up-to-date knowledge technology and computer systems through self-study, experiments, conferences, and seminars.
- Effectively communicate technical information with plant management, bargaining unit workforce, and other disciplines at the appropriate technical level of the target audience.
- Interface with suppliers, vendors, contractors, OEMs and other parties to properly select, maintain equipment, and quickly resolve issues.
- Effectively perform all assigned work efficiently, on-time, and safely within a fast-paced work environment
- Update, maintain, and implement system area documentation including but not limited to Disaster Recovery Plans, complete all assigned training, follow all company audit policies
- High school diploma with at least 5 years of experience in Computer programming or Electrical Engineering
- Associate Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Electronic tech, Computer/other Science field with at least 2 years of experience in Computer programming or Electrical Engineering OR
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Electronic tech, Computer /other Science field with no experience in Computer programming or Electrical Engineering
- Working knowledge of PLC programming (Ladder, Structured Text, Function Block)
- Working knowledge of Intel PC-based computer hardware
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems (servers and work-stations)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Development tools (C#, MS-SQL, C++, VB)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc...)
- Understanding of networks and databases
- Basic understanding of electrical/electronics
Relocation could be offered for this position.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. #CB Nearest Major Market:
Canton Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.