Who We Are:
SwRI's Listing, Labeling and Follow-Up Inspection Services ensure that products, materials and assemblies meet specified requirements and acceptable performance to materials, ballistic and fire testing. Accreditations include International Accreditation Service (IAS), OSHA, U.S. Coast Guard, etc.
Objectives of this Role:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Support Third-party Follow-up Inspection Programs which assist manufacturers in obtaining product certifications, evaluation reports, type approvals, etc.
- Examine product design, product, service, process or plant, and determine conformity with specific requirements.
- Use professional judgement or general requirements to determine assessment conformity.
- Effectively maintain Third-party Follow-up Inspection Programs.
- Support Accreditation to ISO/IEC 17020; 17025 and 9001
- Assist with quality and engineering issues related to existing projects.
- Maintain Follow-Up Procedure (FUP) Documents containing critical information about the product that, if changed, could affect its performance.
- Conduct inspections and sample surveillances, domestic and international, in support of existing projects.
- Effectively interact with Third-party Inspectors (20+), and provide training as required by the applicable FUP Document.
- Assists in the ongoing maintenance of existing projects. Document control, record control, basic document revisions, inspection report reviews, sample handling, client communication, etc.
Special Requirements:Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
- Requires an Associates or a Bachelors degree in Manufacturing Technology, Quality Management Systems, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, Civil Engineer, Applied Science, or related fields.
- 0 - 2 years of related work experience: Engineering related Bachelors degree.
- 2 - 5 years of related work experience: Engineering related Associates degree.
- 2 - 6 years of related work experience: Manufacturing Technology, Quality Management or related Bachelors degree.
- 6 - 11 years of related work experience: Manufacturing Technology, Quality Management or related Associates degree.
- Preferred experience in manufacturing, document control, production control, quality control and/or quality assurance.
- A valid/clear driver's license is required.
For more information about this division, visit the Chemistry & Chemical Engineering home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click here.
For benefits information at all other locations, click here.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
This job has expired.