Working within the Global Private Equity (GPE) group, the position will support the Real Estate Product Specialists and provide analysis to the GPE Sales professionals as needed. Periodic interaction with limited partners and potential investors will be required to complete various assignments. This successful candidate must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and work under pressure in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Enable successful real estate fundraises by providing support, expertise, and leverage to Product Specialists and Relationship Managers
- Provide deep product knowledge and expertise
- Support entire fund lifecycle, including fundraising and LP communications
- Create and maintain marketing materials including presentations, investor updates and thought-leadership
- Prepare and manage existing and prospective client requests, including RFPs, DDQs, and other due diligence requests
- Periodically perform above listed tasks in an investor facing capacity representing Carlyle in a professional manner
- Understand and analyze industry trends and competitive landscape
- Source and analyze industry research related to fundraising or supporting data around fundraising strategy and rationale
- Drive the engagement and alignment across the business with key stakeholders and partners to execute on the fundraising strategy
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with Investor Relations professionals, Fund Heads, Fund Managers, Legal and senior management
- Support Carlyle's Compliance objectives by liaising with the Legal and Compliance Department
- Coordination and logistics of client events, onsite meetings, webinar events, investor conference
- Complete special projects as needed
Education & Certificates
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of analytical and presentation experience required
- A strong understanding of financial markets and/or experience with Real Estate required
- Experience at an alternative investment firm, an alternative investment placement firm, an investment bank or a consultant is required
- Excellent technical skills, including ability to learn and become the subject matter expert in the systems used to respond to investor requests.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented; attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Advanced Microsoft Office (including Excel and PowerPoint) skills required
- CRM system experience required; Salesforce and DealCloud preferred.
- Ability to quickly develop competency in manipulating various reporting platforms and systems to obtain usable LP data
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $260 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 437 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business. As our Chief Executive Officer, Kewsong Lee, stated, "We seek to attract individuals from a broad set of backgrounds and experiences because we know that diverse teams ask better questions and inclusive teams find better answers. Our diverse and inclusive community makes us better partners and ultimately, helps us to build better."