Audio Visual Assistant
Reporting to the Director of Audio Visual the audio-visual assistant position will involve supporting and maintaining the audio and visual equipment and technology used in classrooms, conference rooms, and other areas of the campus for classes and events. This would include setting up and operating audio and visual equipment, such as projectors, microphones, cameras, speakers, and sound systems for band and DJ events, to ensure that they function properly.
Shift: 12 PM - 8 PM
Essential Duties Summary
Additionally, your job would involve providing technical support and troubleshooting assistance to faculty, staff, and students who use this equipment. You would need to have a good understanding of the equipment and software used in virtual conferencing platforms like Zoom, in order to support capturing / recording evening lectures and events for those who use these platforms.
- Assist in the daily operations of the Audio Visual department
- Assist in developing and maintaining a schedule for maintenance and upgrades of equipment and software
- Collaborating with other IT professionals on the campus to ensure seamless integration of audio-visual equipment with other technology systems
- Providing training to faculty, staff, and students on how to use the audio-visual equipment and software
- Maintaining an inventory of equipment and supplies, and ordering replacements as needed
- Conducting tests and assessments to ensure that the equipment and technology is working properly
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and trends in audio-visual equipment and conferencing platforms, and making recommendations for upgrades and improvements.
- Work independently with minimal supervision, the Assistant will be working evening lectures and events.
- The Assistant is expected to coordinate the work of student employees during these activities as well as use independent judgment to resolve difficulties and minimize disruptions
- Minimum of three years of related experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- This position requires working knowledge of media production, technical and equipment maintenance, installation and troubleshooting
Preferred QualificationsRequirements for Employment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Effective October 15, 2021, all employees of Sarah Lawrence College must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exceptions to this requirement will only be considered for documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Any offers of employment will be contingent on successful completion of a background check and submission of proof of vaccination.Posting Number:
S00332POpen Date: Close Date: Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsTo apply, visit https://slc.peopleadmin.com/postings/2018
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.