Position: Auto/Diesel Technician
Location: Lima, NY
Compensation: Based on experience (discussed in interview)
What We Are Looking For
An Auto Technician performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis components, vehicle tank bodies and control systems, hydraulic electrical, air brake systems, general engine work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train and steering systems. The Technician will also perform basic tire work, such as replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks.
What You Will Do
- Maintain vehicles, which may include a company's fleet of cars, trucks, heavy equipment, tractor/trailers, and other motor vehicles.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including oil changes and tune-ups.
- Perform tests on specific parts and systems to ensure proper function.
- Identify mechanical problems either visually or with computer diagnostic equipment.
- Examine critical parts and systems using a standard checklist.
- Repair or replace malfunctioning parts and systems such as brake pads, belts, water pumps, transmissions, and other mechanical parts.
- Plan and establish timetable to complete repairs and maintenance.
- Visit job sites to inspect vehicles.
- Test drive vehicles to confirm safe and proper operation.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish an employment contract and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What You Will Need
What We Offer
- High school education or equivalent
- NYSI or NY State Inspector License preferred
- Vocational/technical school program or apprenticeship in auto repair or related field preferred
- Valid Driver's License, CDL preferred (not required)
- Diesel Technical Training preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work well as a team member and independently
- Ability to work efficiently and maximize productivity
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times
- Prolonged periods sitting in a trailer cab for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 80 pounds at a time
- Pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds at a time
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals/fuels or fumes
- Occasional exposure to outdoor weather conditions
- Generous medical insurance offerings
- Dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and NOCO Time
- Employee and family assistance program
- Company-paid training
- Safety incentives
- Years of service incentives
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Boot allowance (twice per year)
- Tool Allowance (quarterly)
- Employee discounts
This job has expired.