AVP, Group Underwriting / NYC or Warren, NJ
Everest Global Services, Inc.
It's an exciting time for Everest Re Group, Ltd. ("Everest")! As we continue on our journey, we see significant opportunity ahead of us to expand our reach, build diversity, and enhance our capabilities in critical markets.
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
At Everest, we are committed to the development of our people. We offer dynamic training & professional development to our employees. You will benefit from career development and learning opportunities that will let you set career goals and fulfill them, including:
• Generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement
• Mentoring opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements
• Talent development initiatives
• Networking groups
Everest is a growth company with $14 Billion of Gross Written Premium offering Property, Casualty and specialty products among others, through its various operating subsidiaries located in key markets around the world. Everest has been a global leader in reinsurance with a broad footprint, deep client relationships, underwriting excellence, responsive service and customized solutions. Our insurance arm draws upon impressive global resources and financial strength to tailor each policy to meet the individual needs of our customers.
Our financial strength is evident in Financial Agency Ratings of: A+ A. M. Best, A+ S&P Global and A1 Moody's Investor Service. We are a market leader for our broad diversified income streams, strong underlying underwriting performance with reduced volatility and strong cash flow. We take pride in being known in the industry as nimble, entrepreneurial and responsive.
Everest Re Group, Ltd. is currently recruiting for an AVP of Group Underwriting. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Group Underwriting and will partner closely with the insurance and reinsurance division global leadership team to identify and develop profitable underwriting strategies.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- This is a hybrid position based in our NYC office or Warren, NJ headquarters.
- Minimal travel required
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Work with the SVP of Group Underwriting to partner with global senior underwriting leadership across insurance and reinsurance to identify and develop profitable underwriting strategies and identify areas of portfolio improvement and growth. Assist business segment leadership with portfolio deep dives presentations.
- Assist with managing Group Product Boards comprised of key critical stakeholders across multiple lines of business in insurance and reinsurance underwriting, claims, actuary, reserving and group data and analytics, to assess and address line of business specific market conditions, growth opportunities, address UW challenges, understand rate/trend trajectories, and utilize combined expertise of the board membership to optimize portfolio performance.
- Coordinate preparation materials and prepare summary reports for the product board meetings.
- Drive LOB specific initiatives emanating from the product boards. Work with business segment leadership to be bring enhanced tools, systems, UW guidelines and underwriting strategies to the lines of business as directed by the product boards. Includes focus on exposure management and line of business underwriting execution management
- Assist with Credit Risk Committee. Assess material risk exposures, and geopolitical risk exposures in connection with credit lines of business. Monitor group credit limits.
- Assist with special projects directed by Group COO.
- Liaison with Underwriting Risk Committee as part of Enterprise Risk Management, to identify major group underwriting controls and assist in development of formal processes for ensuring compliance. This includes working on accumulation management across multiple lines of business, group-wide exposures, and analysis of Insurance and reinsurance quality assurance programs.
- Assist with Global Underwriting Summit. Bring together Insurance and Reinsurance teams to address UW strategy, appetite, areas of opportunity, growth, and challenges.
- Minimum 7-10 years in insurance or reinsurance underwriting, portfolio analytics, or pricing.
- Ability to lead cross-functional team
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence decisions
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills with the ability to quickly analyze and interpret data
- Proactive and independent thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Highly responsive and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with direct exposure to senior management
- Highly collaborative and able to work effectively across the organization as well as with external stakeholders
- Comfortable taking initiative to achieve objectives and operates with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Displays tenacity and decisiveness, with the courage to take risks.
- Should be comfortable multi-tasking and adapting to changing/balancing priorities and working under pressure and deadlines.
- Proficient use of Powerpoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Bachelor's or professional degree preferred, but not required.
For NYC Only: The base salary range for this position is $150,000-$175,000 annually. The offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, experience, qualifications and work location.
New York, NY
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.