As a Barrier Project Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will have responsibility over tasks related to the collection of project data required to monitor project performance, budget, schedule and quality, ensuring all construction work complies with engineering standards, codes and contract specifications.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados USA, Flatiron and VINCI has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project -the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling. Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Assists in the production and review of shop drawings, design specifications, material requirements and project data to ensure quality and contract specification compliance.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides technical input, as needed.
- Meets with engineering team to review production schedule and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily available for production to continue on schedule and within budget.
- Evaluates weekly and monthly production, schedule and budget projections to accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in project approved methods and technologies.
- Reviews project schedule updates weekly for owner and management reporting. Attends weekly regular meetings where required and presents on project production status as
- Prepares and manages a three-week work Notifies engineering and project management of any significant schedule changes and develops solutions to mitigate delays and cost.
- Initiates and manages Requests for Information (RFIs), as needed by
- Remits accurate project quantities using assigned project cost coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported. In collaboration with the project accounting team oversees invoices regarding materials, equipment and subcontractor
- Supports engineering team with quality assurance as needed. Reviews certificates and permits needed to perform work.
- Reviews required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe and compliance work environment for all construction personnel. Participates in all weekly safety meetings with field team and project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the project team with project schedule, budget and cost parameters by providing technical input as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as needed.
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field required
- 6+ years construction engineering experience required
- Proven skill and ability in managing and providing technical input to engineering teams in a design build environment, setting clear expectations and delegating tasks to direct reports regarding role and responsibilities as required.
- Advanced planning and scheduling skills required.
- Able to manage multiple engineering tasks in a fast paced environment and progress them all towards a common goal.
- Advanced knowledge of contract specifications and quality assurance practices.
- Able to identify budget and project costs and recommend options to mitigate project delays.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting methods, quantity tracking methods and cost coding.
- Able to drive direct reports and influence non-reporting teams towards a common deliverable.
- Able to identify and implement growth opportunities in direct reports to build talent development within project team.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.