About WEG Electric Corp.
The WEG Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) division is based in Barre, VT with offices, laboratory and testing capabilities within our Vermont facility. The Barre VT BESS team includes commercial, engineering, and operational personnel. The BESS division is part of WEG Electric Corp, which is headquartered in Duluth, GA and includes nine facilities around the country. WEG products and Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) services include electric generators, wind turbines, solar, hydropower, battery energy storage, controls, transformers, and drives. WEG Electric Corp is a subsidiary of WEG S.A., which has over 30,000 employees globally and over $4 billion in annual revenue. WEG S.A. was founded in Jaragua do Sul, Brazil in 1961, and is a global solutions provider of industrial electrical technologies.
About the role:
WEG Electric Corp. has a great opportunity for a Battery Panel Design Engineer to join our team. This position creates designs and documentation for BESS panels that meet customer needs/requirements while complying with applicable standards and manufacturing procedures. These designs include standard products, modified standard products, customer or application specific, and custom products. Designers are responsible for all documentation including drawings, manufacturing instructions, and bills of materials. Designers must interface with sales, service, customers, and production. Must be able to work individually and as part of a team to achieve desired results.
- Develop schematics, bill of materials and assembly drawings using AutoCAD.
- Provide guidance and support to manufacturing and other areas, regarding product requirements and certification (drive collaboration).
- Participate in and sometimes provides training for other engineering team members.
- Study/analyze projects technical documents and specifications.
- Preventing electrical hazards is a top priority for electrical designers, thus, they need a thorough understanding of relevant standards
- Keep colleagues, managers, and clients in the loop as to progress and deviations from schedule or budget so as not to disturb the workflow of the whole.
- Estimate the time, cost, labor, and materials that are needed to produce a real version of their ideas. They reformulate plans along the way based on unexpected circumstances or client changes.
- Adhere to best practices for documentation and version control.
- Define design approach for new products and platforms and generate design specifications.
- Take neat and accurate field notes, sketches and single lines for use in preparing construction documents.
- Make design decisions based on specific job requirements and prepare a complete design package.
- Release panels and prints to operations. Release critical materials for purchasing.
- Ensure product design meets requirements, quality expections and timelines (think customer).
- Markup schematics, generate revisions or additions to existing drawing sets.
- Process markups affecting multiple drawings.
- Ensure consistency across drawing sets (encourage feedback).
- Check for practicality of mark-ups and for obstructions & using multi layers (mimic panels).
- Create, revise and maintain routings and workcenters in the system.
- Update metrics to improve routings and production planning accuracy.
- Maintain revision control.
- SAP tasks execution.
- Drive cost reduction.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge / training:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar field or equivalent revelant work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Familiarity with battery energy storage systems design and power generation systems required.
- PCS and battery principles required.
- AutoCAD required. AutoCAD Electrical / EPLAN / Solidworks preferred.
- Excel basics (using charts, graphs, fonts, borders, shading, formulas, tables etc) required.
- Industrial standards and how they are applied. Standards include but are not limited to: UL 9540 (A), UL 1642, UL 1973, UL 1741, NEC, NFPA, NEMA.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods, as well as the ability to maintain design cost targets.
- Understanding of BOM systems and material management.
- Basic Programming of Intelligent Devices / Components.
- Ability to read schematics for troubleshooting - identify functional defects. (Required)
- Familiarity with basic programming methods of industrial inverters / PCS.
- Ability to create logical circuits based on operational description of customer requirements.
- Familiarity with quality control tools (5S, root cause).
- Basic electronics and circuit analysis (analyze basic DC and AC - basic electrical laws, series and parallel circuits, network analysis concepts, grounding techniques, magnetism, inductance/capacitance, resistance, diodes, potentiometers, logic operations etc.
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience.
We offer a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and full benefits package. To Apply: All candidates must submit an updated resume and complete our application in order to be considered for this position.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
This job has expired.