Become a part of our diverse team
NPD is an inclusive and innovative work environment where you can learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating tomorrow's.
Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world's most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today's market trends while anticipating the future of tomorrow. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
The Beauty Practice at NPD works with some of the most innovative companies in the industry. This team is currently seeking an Account Specialist to be an integral team member dedicated to leading global beauty companies. This client-facing role reports into the Director, Client Development and will contribute to the engagement, satisfaction, and growth among our clients by providing value-added insights for decision making. The position provides the opportunity to make an impact leveraging fact-based insights and analysis, while developing the knowledge and skills required for continued success in client development and market research solutions.
Analytics & Insights:
- Leveraging Point of Sale (POS), Receipt Panel Data (Checkout), Consumer survey data and other NPD data software and information sources to develop analysis which help our clients grow their business and gain market share
- Proactively searching for meaningful trends within the data and sharing findings with clients and Beauty team members
- Ability to identify, create and present a clear story within the data that is relevant and insightful to the Client's business.
- Being an expert in all of NPD's data sets, methodology and tools for accessing data + other NPD product offerings (i.e., Consumer, Store Level, etc.)
- Providing support to the team in managing the day-to-day activities to enhance client relationships, including but not limited to, sharing analyses on brand specific topics, answering relevant client questions, training/educating clients in order to drive adoption and usage of NPD's strategic data sets, etc.
- Partnering with account leads and cross-functional departments to drive initiatives which support the sale and delivery of NPD's solutions
- Understanding our Manufacturer Clients' organizations and their business strategies, objectives, and challenges. Attend/present insights at Client Meetings.
- Potential to manage client relationship and revenue independently.
- Problem-solve and maintain relationship with adaptability, urgency, and positivity.
- Manage creation and delivery of weekly, monthly, and quarterly on going "key insights" presentations.
- Build knowledge of the Beauty Industry and related categories and Macro Trends.
- 2 to 4 year(s) of prior experience in a role which utilizes data and analysis to add value to clients
- Strong expertise in all MS Office products, Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
- Demonstrated ability work across various data sets and reporting tools
- Advanced interpersonal skills and strong orientation towards building client relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Very strong oral and written communication skills; Confident in presenting to groups
- Highly detail oriented - with commitment to total quality and data accuracy
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the Beauty or Fashion Industry is a plus
Preferred location is NY Metro area. Remote potential within Eastern or Central Time Zones.
The NPD Group, L.P. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job has expired.