This job has expired.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
Independent licensed clinician sought to work with the great team at Great Bay Mental Health. Make a difference on the Seacoast of New Hampshire in an outpatient setting. Surround yourself in a supportive and collaborative environment.
SIGN ON BONUS OF $5,000.00
1. Demonstrates competency in conducting behavioral health assessments
o obtains general history including living situation, supports, psychosocial history, goals, strengths and coping skills
o able to screen, assess and diagnose mental disorders
o uses assessment to develop and implement treatment plan
o Use evidence-based approach to assess and arrive at appropriate disposition to maintain behavioral health care in the least restrictive and appropriate setting
o Determine if criteria for an Involuntary Emergency Admission is met
o For patients meeting IEA criteria, complete IEA petition and provide testimony when required
o Assess potentially dangerous situations and take appropriate precautionary measures to assure patient/worker safety
2. Demonstrates competency in providing behavioral health counseling and resource referrals
. addresses impact of diagnosis on patient, family and supports
o conducts patient and/or family counseling to enhance their ability to cope effectively
o able to provide support groups using a psycho-educational approach
o able to provide assessment and referral to DCYF and BEAS
o provides crisis prevention and intervention as needed
o provides treatment using multiple modalities of acceptable practice
o Creates appropriate dispositions in consultation with the interdisciplinary team and collaterals.
o Makes referrals to , and coordinates with, appropriate community agencies and programs
o Supports behavioral health pod milieu and engages appropriate patients with psychoeducation, and ensures an environment that promotes safety, treatment and recovery
3. Demonstrates competency in effective communication
. keeps necessary staff informed of high risk/problematic cases
o documents in EMR in a timely and thorough manner
o able to clearly and succinctly communicate assessments, diagnoses and treatment plan to the interdisciplinary team as needed
4. Demonstrates competency in the application of professional principles
. practices in accordance with professional code of ethics
o seeks out Bioethics committee or experts in the field for guidance in areas where ethical issues surface, conflict exists, or barriers prevent good care
o Seeks opportunities, and actively participates in activities to develop clinical skills
5. Demonstrates competency in performance of duties related to organizational skills
. work, including clinical and administrative tasks, is completed in a timely manner
o triages workload appropriately
o Responds to request for service in a timely manner
6. Demonstrates competency in being a resource regarding behavioral health
. Develop and conduct training/education to healthcare staff, informally and formally, as needed
o maintains lists of information and services to help professionals such as physicians, nurses, and care coordinators.
o participates in conducting workshops, lectures and educational series for the community
o conducts peer review of documentation for quality assurance and feedback purposes
o participates on committees and/or special projects
Experience Minimum Required
• 3-5 years of independent counseling at the licensed level
• Over 5 years of independent counseling at the LICSW level with children, families and adults; specialty certifications in areas such as substance abuse, crisis or grief.
Education Minimum Required
• Licensed in NH
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to organize time and establish priorities; ability to communicate in written, electronic and verbal formats; ability to give and receive information over the telephone; ability to make effective judgements and decisions based on objective criteria.
• Ability to work in a stressful environment and handle sensitive issues; ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Calm, reassuring, empathetic demeanor; flexible, professional in interactions with people at all levels; ability to work with a wide range of patient conditions, personalities, and cultures; ability to provide good internal and external customer service.
• Ability to operate a computer.
• Ability to assess and diagnose mental disorders.
• Ability to provide treatment using multiple modalities of acceptable practice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
• The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago