CAMRIS is a clinical and life sciences firm that realizes innovative solutions to challenges worldwide through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. We combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. Our core practice areas include HIV/AIDS, microbiology and infectious disease research, vaccine research, development and production, global health security, bio-defense, and clinical research.
CAMRIS attracts the next generation of scientists to work at premier government research and development institutions with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, under world leaders in health research. Our exceptional benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, and life insurance. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing health and research organization dedicated to making the world a healthier place, please apply today!
We are seeking a Biologist to support the overall functions of the Vaccine Production Program at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Develop downstream (purification) processes, under the supervision of a project lead scientist, for recombinant proteins, virus vaccines, and virus-like particles (VLP) that may be used as clinical candidates.
- Work collaboratively within the purification group to design, develop and optimize
chromatography and filtration step unit operations to support process development of clinical trial vaccine candidates and mAb products.
- Purify research-phase recombinant proteins, virus vaccines and/or virus-like particles in support of other groups or external collaborators.
- Work to prepare necessary materials (buffers, packed columns, etc.) in support of downstream process activities.
- Support technology transfer of processes to Lab's Pilot Plant for manufacture of clinical product through document generation and on-site support.
- Write and review technical protocols and reports.
- Analyze and compile data, present at various group/department meetings.
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- 1-2 yr experience in recombinant protein purification development for GMP clinical-phase products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining accurate and detailed records.
- Must be a team player who can effectively work with members from cross-functional departments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with computer software including word processing and data evaluation.