With over 30 years of specialized expertise in infectious disease, immunology and allergy testing for immunocompromised and critical patients, Viracor Eurofins is committed to helping medical professionals, transplant teams and reference labs get results faster, when it matters most. Viracor is passionate about delivering value to our clients by providing timely, actionable information - never losing sight of the connection between the testing we perform and the patients you serve.
Basic Function and Scope of Responsibility:
The Laboratory Support Services Supervisor is primarily responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the specimen management, accessioning and administrative functions of the clinical laboratory.
This is a full time position, working Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-5:00PMwith overtime as needed.
Please note we are moving to a new facility in February 2022and this position will be relocated to Lenexa, KS.
Essential Job Duties:
QualificationsEssential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Oversee daily operations of the clinical laboratory support functions; specimen management, accessioning and administrative
- Provide overall direction and assistance to associates
- Administer work schedules and review/approve associate time sheets; ensure appropriate staffing of area of responsibility
- Ensure support associates are up to date at all times with all training and competency assessments for their areas of responsibility
- Monitor department productivity and ensure appropriate quality metrics are met
- Identify inefficiencies in processes, workflow, and throughput and implement process improvements to minimize waste
- Interview and select candidates for open positions when needed
- Proactively develop plans to meet future departmental needs, objectives and systems
- Demonstrate ability to coach associates through necessary performance improvements and to help make hiring and termination decisions
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Participate in continuing education
- Other duties as assigned by management
Additional InformationWhat we offer:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; BS or BA degree preferred
- 2 years of experience in a high complexity laboratory setting required
- 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to safely work with potentially infectious human blood and body fluids utilizing all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Experience working on automated and manual platforms
- Goal oriented, with excellent time management, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including ability to interact with other departments as needed
- Ability to effectively solve problems and make sound independent decisions
- Requires flexibility in schedule, working hours and days (including weekends) outside of normal schedule when necessary
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.Physical Requirements:
- Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate a keyboard and other office equipment, use a telephone, access file cabinets and other items stored at various levels, including overhead
- Ability to speak and hear well enough to communicate clearly and understandably with sufficient volume to ensure an accurate exchange of information in normal conversational distance, over the telephone, and in a group setting
- Ability to continuously operate a personal computer for extended periods of time (4 or more hours)
- Mental acuity sufficient to collect and interpret data, evaluate, reason, define problems, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make valid judgments and decisions
The essential physical and mental requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.To learn more about Viracor Eurofins, please visit the following websites
www.eurofinsus.comEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Viracor Eurofins is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace environment and is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information (GINA), disability, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state, or local law. The Company's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer all employment-related matters on the basis of an individual's qualifications, abilities and efforts without regard to protected status.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.