Facility: Blackwater River Correctional and Rehabilitation Facility
Bonus (if applicable):
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
Under direct supervision, performs accounting functions including cash control, funds disbursement, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. This position requires the application of varied bookkeeping and business procedures. Work requires familiarity with company financial policies to include accounting, payroll, and other areas.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes all accounts payable, accounts receivables, checking accounts, employee payroll, and inmate payroll.
- Maintains and distributes employee payroll ensuring that employee time is accounted for per GEO Policy.
- Makes bank deposits, writes checks, and maintains regular balance controls on all checking accounts.
- Collects and counts all cash, money orders or certified checks that have been accepted for inmates, and credits the amount to the appropriate inmate account.
- Develops and submits required reports relative to all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, checking accounts, employee payroll, inmate payroll, and inmate trust.
- Prepares employee travel orders, advances, and expense reimbursements.
- May oversee the receptionist/admin clerk in daily performance and evaluation of job duties.
- Ensures accurate inventory of all items in the warehouse, food service, maintenance, and any other area where supplies are stored for distribution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.