Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
At ScottsMiracle-Gro we think people are like plants....in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family...the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
The eCommerce Brand Protection Analyst, is responsible for eCommerce brand protection strategy and management against unauthorized reselling or selling actions of our products online. The successful candidate will partner with the sales, brand, content, IT and legal team to support all brand protection and risk management initiatives for the company related to third party selling online. This role will ultimately improve consumer experience, increase online sales, and mitigate reseller disruption across several marketplaces.
This role will report to the eCommerce Analytics Manager.
Strategy and Process Development:
- Independently oversees and manages execution of the eCommerce Brand Protection Strategy for Scotts Miracle-Gro, Hawthorne Gardening Company, Aerogarden, Bonnie Plants and others as required;
- Responsible for our Authorized Reseller Program strategy and enforcement;
- Develop process for monitoring and enforcing Online Reseller Policy in collaboration with sales, legal, brand, and IT;
- Streamline reseller application process;
- eMAP policy development and enforcement.
Implementation and Enforcement:
- Creates support plan and process for Online Reseller Policy and ensure it is resourced properly with coordination across the organization;
- Manages the day to day enforcement of the policy and vigilantly searching for areas of improvement.
Reporting & Communication:
- Develops, tracks and reports on key KPIs to monitor effectiveness of strategy, policies and processes as needed;
- Leads cross-functional internal and external collaboration meetings as required (weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.);
- Ensures strategy, plans and policies are clearly communicated internally and externally
- Executive briefs and presentations to leadership team.
Agency & Tech Support Management
- Primary contact and relationship manager for agencies that support brand protection initiatives;
- Identifies needed agencies, contract support and technology solutions needed to support plan and processes;
- Manage agency budgets and work closely with sourcing team to review and negotiate contracts.
Additional responsibilities assigned as special needs may arise and should be considered as important as brand/business responsibilities noted above.The perfect person will have:
- BA/BS degree in business,marketing, finance, statistics, economics or related field;
- 2 - 3+ years experience in eCommerce, digital sales/marketing or digital analytics;
- Experience with microsoft office and google suite (google sheets, slides, etc);
- Advanced Excel skills (VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, nested if statements, etc);
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadlines;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytics experience in either a retail or consumer products environment;
- Ability to effectively work remotely or in a hybrid environment;
- Experience leading or developing processes to better serve the business;
Some other nice to have's:
- Proven experience with major consumer brands and how to support/differentiate them in the digital space;
- Action and results-oriented with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail;
- Creative thinking ability and ability to work independently;
- Strong verbal, presentation, communication, leadership, and cross functional collaboration at all organizational levels.
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- Experience in Brand Protection and/or MAP policy enforcement;
- Experience working on Amazon and other marketplace platforms (eBay, Walmart, etc);
- Experience working with brand protection agencies (potoo, repoint, etc).
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage;
- Remote/Hybrid work environment;
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 24,000 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor's office;
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse);
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount);
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young Professionals;
- 13 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law