BGIS is seeking a Building Condition Assessor to join the team in Southeast, US area.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes, and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses.
We are looking for someone who enjoys being on the road. This position requires about 70% travel and has a flexible work schedule. The ideal fit is a self- starter, great communicator, fast learner and highly competent/ a wizard with reporting (Excel) and asks a lot of questions.
The person will be responsible for:
Applying building condition assessment processes and technical standards in conducting asset assessments for the purpose of identifying asset/ constituent condition and deficiencies for commercial buildings.
Applies knowledge of building condition assessment processes and technical standards in conducting asset assessments, annual building inspections and other specialized asset/ constituent assessments.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Conducts asset condition assessments.
- Identifies and evaluates building envelope, component and systems conditions and deficiencies.
- Completes asset assessment condition reports utilizing asset assessment management software.
- Provides recommendations and cost estimates for building envelopes, components and systems repair or replacement for inclusion in the capital budget plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Community college diploma or university degree in a relevant field such as architecture, civil, mechanical, electrical engineering, building science or building engineering.
- 1-3 years of relevant job experience
- General knowledge of technical standards and process in completing building condition assessments, American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Practice E2018-01 "Standard Guide for Property Condition Assessments: Baseline Property Condition Assessment Process."
- General knowledge of the process of cost estimating for replacement and repair of building components and systems
- General knowledge of building science including base knowledge of architectural building envelope, mechanical and electrical building systems or site components
- General knowledge of general building design, construction and facility operation of commercial buildings
- Ability to work independently and learn quickly.
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Excel and ability to learn other applications quickly.
- Strong computer skills
- Valid drivers' license
- LEED Certification preferred.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who the source of our strength has always been. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
This job has expired.